Library Nodes not working online

Library Nodes not working online

Postby sridharkumar » 20 Jun 2021, 15:07

I have a really big issue with my track playing online. And, i also have a feeling that this is causing lags. The library nodes from stk such as barrels, lamps and vases are not showing on my track when playing online. I haven't configured them as 'invisible' but they are invisible only online. This causes lots of unexpected crashes and maybe also lags.

This is when playing offline:
2021-06-20 14_11_02-SuperTuxKart.png

This is when playing online:
2021-06-20 16_03_33-Photos.jpg

I am sure that official tracks don't have this kind of problem. In the photo above the barrels are the indication for the shortcut and if it is invisible nobody takes it. Please tell the what mistake i have done and how to correct it.

Sridhar
sridharkumar

Re: Library Nodes not working online

Postby benau » 20 Jun 2021, 18:25

Because you are adding too many movable objects, STK online use max 15 of them
benau
STK Moderator

Postby benau » 20 Jun 2021, 18:39

and by the way you are not using library object anyway, I see stklib_*.spm inside your track folder, make sure you alt-L instead of shift-D
benau
STK Moderator

Postby sridharkumar » 20 Jun 2021, 19:19

Ok, the spm file(s) are still visible, but whatever library object I duplicated with alt-d is still invisible. There is no such file as stklib_fitchBarrel_a.spm. I don't know all names of library objects but i used some of them that I did not know by importing them from official tracks. Is that the problem?
sridharkumar

Postby benau » 21 Jun 2021, 01:50

You are doing it very wrongly.....

You should not import the library objects from official track .blend but click the import button:

https://supertuxkart.net/Making_Tracks: ... Repository

To use a model from the media repository, in Blender, in the Info window, go to File > Link. Navigate to the library folder in the media repo, find an object, then open the .blend file. In the "Object" folder, open the object that you want. (There should usually only be one object per .blend, unless the library node uses Level of Detail.) Make it a proxy by going to Object > Make Proxy in the 3D View window header so that you can move, rotate, and scale it.

When you duplicate a library object in your scene, be sure to use Alt + D (link duplicate) rather than Shift + D (actual duplicate). If you use an actual duplicate, the object will no longer be linked to the library.
benau
STK Moderator

Postby sridharkumar » 21 Jun 2021, 06:15

Ohh, I get it. Thanks!
sridharkumar

Postby sridharkumar » 14 Jul 2021, 17:44

So, I redid the whole thing by deleting them and importing from the actual folder, of the library object but it is still not visible. At least it is not even there when I create my own server. But In other servers, it is still like physics-only object. Is this a server problem or a bug? Because those same objects work very well in island soccer.
sridharkumar

Postby benau » 15 Jul 2021, 01:10

you need to post your .blend folder and exported track here so i can look
benau
STK Moderator