GFX problem with plunger, when shadows are enabled

GFX problem with plunger, when shadows are enabled

Postby forum » 03 Apr 2021, 13:12

Hello!

I am running STK 1.2 on a Windows 10 PC (Intel NUC) with latest updates & drivers. The GMA is an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 (shader model 5.1), the CPU an i3-8109U @3.0 GHz. The GFX settings in STK are all set to the maximum, shadows high, and motion blur and depth of field are disabled (Blur Effects Level = 0). The FPS are around 30 (slight differences depending on the track), which is ok for us to play.

Now the problem:
When a plunger is fired forward (and only then), the GFX gets corrupted - only when shadows are enabled - i.e. the surroundings barely visible, the "floor" (texture) sometimes completely gone - see screenshots. This is not restricted to the location shown in the screenshots or to that track. Also other tracks show a similar behaviour when the plunger is fired forward. When the plunger is fired backward, there is never a GFX problem.

It seems to be related with the shadows. I.e., when I disable them, then there is no such GFX problem anymore.

Is there something, you developers can do about it? Do you need more information from me?
Attachments
STK_plunger2.png
STK_plunger1.png
Best regards, 7wells
forum

Re: GFX problem with plunger, when shadows are enabled

Postby benau » 03 Apr 2021, 18:08

probably driver problems....
benau
STK Moderator

Postby forum » 03 Apr 2021, 21:02

The same happens on another Intel NUC, and on an HP tablet, all running Windows 10 and latest Intel GMA drivers. Is there a way to get (debug) logs about the GFX stuff? I could try to provide them, but I need to know how to produce them and where to fetch them.

Interestingly, this only happens when firing a plunger forward AND when shadows are enabled (medium or high).

PS:
I had set the monitor and TV vertical refresh rate to only 30 Hz; therefore, the FPS never got higher. Now it gets up to almost 50 FPS (monitor refresh rate set to 60 Hz and resolution to 1920 x 1080, also in the game settings). This does not seem to affect the GFX problem, though.
Best regards, 7wells
forum

Postby forum » 05 Apr 2021, 17:25

@benau
Is there anything that you or other developers can do about this problem? If yes, which further info would you need from me? Thank you!
Best regards, 7wells
forum

Postby benau » 07 Apr 2021, 02:33

only thing we can do is to wait until some programmer / main developer has such device to help debug it...
benau
STK Moderator

Postby rizarefaldi » 20 Aug 2021, 03:52

forum {l Wrote}:Hello!

I am running STK 1.2 on a Windows 10 PC (Intel NUC) with latest updates & drivers. The GMA is an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 (shader model 5.1), the CPU an i3-8109U @3.0 GHz. The GFX settings in STK are all set to the maximum, shadows high, and motion blur and depth of field are disabled (Blur Effects Level = 0). The FPS are around 30 (slight differences depending on the track), which is ok for us to play cara install windows 10

Now the problem:
When a plunger is fired forward (and only then), the GFX gets corrupted - only when shadows are enabled - i.e. the surroundings barely visible, the "floor" (texture) sometimes completely gone - see screenshots. This is not restricted to the location shown in the screenshots or to that track. Also other tracks show a similar behaviour when the plunger is fired forward. When the plunger is fired backward, there is never a GFX problem.

It seems to be related with the shadows. I.e., when I disable them, then there is no such GFX problem anymore.

Is there something, you developers can do about it? Do you need more information from me?

still waiting for update about this, i tried the pre release from github but still getting the issue.
rizarefaldi