Connection Refused on Frankfurt Two Server

Connection Refused on Frankfurt Two Server

Postby kh » 27 Dec 2020, 06:35

Sorry, I'm not sure where to ask about this.

I'm trying to play online and I cannot play on one of the servers. It's the Franfurt Two server. I get an error message stating, "connection refused: game data is incompatible."

What is that about? Is that a problem on my end? If so, how can I fix it?
kh

Re: Connection Refused on Frankfurt Two Server

Postby Diogenes v. S. » 27 Dec 2020, 14:21

Hi kh,
the connection can be refused because, for example, data on routes in your own program do not match the data on the server (e.g. course of the route, number and positioning of items or other standards).
The easiest way would be to reinstall STK 1.2 and, if necessary, to update all addon routes as well.
Greetings, D. :-)
The best razor in the universe is Ockham's razor. ;-)
Diogenes v. S.

Postby FabianF » 27 Dec 2020, 17:05

Hello, as the server name says, you will need any 35 addon tracks in order to join this server.
FabianF

Postby kh » 27 Dec 2020, 19:10

To be clear, I need to install at least 35 add-on tracks? We're talking about a number, not a name, right? Because I already had 40 add-on tracks installed when I started this thread.

I'm using the latest version of the game. I just installed it a day or so before I tried playing on that server. I'm using the Linux version, which looks more like a portable version (I'm still fairly new to Linux). I unpacked the tar.xz file and double-clicked the run_game.sh file. Was I supposed to do something more?
kh

Postby FabianF » 27 Dec 2020, 19:13

Hmm, that's weird ... If you have 35 addon **tracks** (not karts or arenas), you should be able to enter unless you removed some official kart. What is your STK online username? Maybe the server owner can check what the issue was.

But better try again if it's working now at first
FabianF

Postby FabianF » 27 Dec 2020, 19:20

I was talking with the server owner (kimden) and he said "It says 32/35 and 8 soccer arenas" -> You really need 35 addon tracks for racing which excludes soccer fields. Try to install a few more addon tracks and then you should be able to enter
FabianF

Postby kh » 27 Dec 2020, 20:57

I installed more tracks (I think I have over 50 now) and I finally got in. Of course there's no one there now.

Thanks for the help.
kh

Postby kimden » 30 Dec 2020, 03:05

Hi,

This server is mostly popular between 19 and 22 UTC and between 03 and 05 UTC (so you got there in right time), but due to its specific (not anyone can enter/there is a certain subset of players who visit it frequently) it can be not raced much on some days.

Sorry if it wasn't obvious what to install, there are not many ways to tell that other than server name (and probably web pages which exist but no one visits them from inside STK), neither I can send an informative error message. Anyway, have fun!
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things.
my page, my STK fork, my youtube channel
kimden