Save Snow Peak!

Re: Save Snow Peak!

Postby QwertyChouskie » 30 Sep 2020, 21:52

I definitely agree that it's probably time to see Snow Peak go to addons. It actually dates back to the original TuxKart, where it was called BSODs Battlements and had a different visual theme. Although it's been revamped multiple times since then, IMO it's finally time to see new content. Instead of revamping this track for the umpteenth time, that work should probably go into Northern Resort, which has a much better driveline, but still some old textures.

EDIT: Actually it was Geeko Peak. BSODs Battlements is what is now Fort Magma.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Re: Save Snow Peek!

Postby eltomito » 30 Sep 2020, 23:36

fracture {l Wrote}:Ever since I first played this game I've been waiting for a track with actual traffic similar to N64 Toad's Turnpike, where players must dodge the cars (and in reverse mode, the cars come towards you).

The Voxel Village add-on track has that.
QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:I definitely agree that it's probably time to see Snow Peak go to addons. .

Then why are you even posting in this thread? :lol:
eltomito

Postby Alayan » 01 Oct 2020, 00:23

fracture {l Wrote}:Is bigger better, or is better better? 2.0 would be better off if you all focused on revamping all the shit tracks before making new ones, and if there are new tracks, they should at least have some original idea or gimmick to make it it's own thing (and not a ripoff of a Mario Kart track).

I suggest you read again my previous post with more attention, you'll see that my intent on quality is quite clear. :)

I'm not going to respond to non-snow peak related ideas here, so as to not derail the thread too much.

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:I definitely agree that it's probably time to see Snow Peak go to addons. It actually dates back to the original TuxKart, where it was called BSODs Battlements and had a different visual theme. Although it's been revamped multiple times since then, IMO it's finally time to see new content. Instead of revamping this track for the umpteenth time, that work should probably go into Northern Resort, which has a much better driveline, but still some old textures.

EDIT: Actually it was Geeko Peak. BSODs Battlements is what is now Fort Magma.

Yes, Northern Resort would be a much better target than Snow Peak for a graphics revamp effort.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby tempAnon093 » 01 Oct 2020, 00:27

fracture {l Wrote}:An urban circuit would be a good idea for a track. Ever since I first played this game I've been waiting for a track with actual traffic similar to N64 Toad's Turnpike, where players must dodge the cars (and in reverse mode, the cars come towards you). I'm assuming the reason this hasn't happened yet is because of limitations with the game's engine? Can it not display that many moving vehicles?

Like Alayan said, it would be good not to derail this thread, so I've responded here: https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic ... 607#p94607
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093