Gamerzilla

Gamerzilla

Postby dulsi » 19 Jul 2020, 19:23

I've been creating a new open source trophy/achievement system called Gamerzilla. There is a thread about it in the projects forum. SuperTuxKart already has an achievement system. How would the developer feel about adding in Gamerzilla support? Gamerzilla support would allow you to display achievements in game launchers like GameHub. It would all you achievements to be uploaded to Hubzilla site running the Gamerzilla plugin.

The project is my attempt to stop the spread of closed source achievement systems like Steam or GOG. I need game support to build progress on that goal. If someone wants to add support that would be great. I would offer any help I could. If no one is interested but the maintainers are interested in the idea, I could try to find the time to add support.
dulsi

Re: Gamerzilla

Postby QwertyChouskie » 19 Jul 2020, 21:43

You might want to collaborate with the poster of this forum thread: https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic ... 18&t=14274

I could easily see this making sense as a backend to the proposed framework.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby dulsi » 09 Aug 2020, 14:36

Anyone interested in contributing artwork for the banner image and achievement images? Banner image is 368x172 px. Achievements are 64x64 px. Achievements have two images, one for achieved and one for not achieved. Some games have a single image for not achieved and some have individual images for each. I can make my own images but I doubt I can match SuperTuxKart's art style or quality.
dulsi

Postby QwertyChouskie » 10 Aug 2020, 19:09

Take a look around in https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/files/4767512/modern_svg.zip, any of the acheivement-related SVGs should be a good starting point.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby dulsi » 11 Sep 2020, 22:52

I decided to just use one set of images for all the achievements at the moment. If people want to create individual images, I'd happily incorporate them. I took the title image from one of the posters on the SuperTuxKart site.

Pull request

dulsi