A couple of issues with some tracks (SVN)

A couple of issues with some tracks (SVN)

Postby Arthur » 25 Jan 2010, 21:45

Well, first off I want to thank everyone involved with the tracks; you're doing a great job! :) But unfortunately, I got a couple of issues.
I don't have a big problem with it, but it seems like driving on animated tracks makes the framerate drop by quite a bit. I get around 50 FPS in the Canyon track, but more like 30 FPS when driving in the Old Mine. This has been mentioned by several others, and might be a problem for older/cheap graphics cards.

Second issue is with the Canyon track. When driving uphill, the kart seems to not only slow down because of the elevation, but maybe it touches the ground with the chassis as well. Not sure on this one though; it might be that I'm just being a jerk and that it's only because of the elevation itself. The kart shadow gets cut though, but that's not an important issue.

This is mostly just nitpicking, so don't feel too alarmed by this. ;)
Keep up the good work. :)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Re: A couple of issues with some tracks (SVN)

Postby downer » 04 Mar 2010, 01:33

Is there another way to see how much is being rendered other than watching FPS for the Irrlicht powered STK? Like a value to show how much is being rendered to use as a cap for all maps. (Half-Life uses "r_speeds", Doom3 uses "draws" and "tris") Sorry, but I'm new to STK and don't know where to look.
downer

Re: A couple of issues with some tracks (SVN)

Postby hiker » 04 Mar 2010, 02:43

downer {l Wrote}:Is there another way to see how much is being rendered other than watching FPS for the Irrlicht powered STK? Like a value to show how much is being rendered to use as a cap for all maps. (Half-Life uses "r_speeds", Doom3 uses "draws" and "tris") Sorry, but I'm new to STK and don't know where to look.

You can disable a call to printRenderStats to IrrDriver::update (see graphics/irr_driver.cpp, line 836). Atm we don't have a command line option for this.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker