Crescent Crossing: Background bug

Crescent Crossing: Background bug

Postby lelkoun » 20 Apr 2011, 23:45

There is a background bug in this map:

But if I were you, I would not try to fix it, I would just delete the map and forget about it, it is really ugly :)
lelkoun

Re: Crescent Crossing: Background bug

Postby Auria » 21 Apr 2011, 01:48

Hi,

I can't see any problem on your image, can you elaborate?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Arthur » 21 Apr 2011, 04:29

I suppose because the sky colour and the box dome are coloured slightly different, so it's not seamless.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby LinuxUser » 21 Apr 2011, 04:36

I can see the problem: a brown "roof". It is there for me, too.
LinuxUser

Postby Crendgrim » 21 Apr 2011, 09:22

lelkoun {l Wrote}:There is a background bug in this map:

Yes, noticeable if your monitor is too bright :P

lelkoun {l Wrote}:But if I were you, I would not try to fix it, I would just delete the map and forget about it, it is really ugly :)

What is this supposed to achieve? You don't like a map, so you come here and say "just delete it, it's ugly"? Actually, I really like this map. It's the only really "dark" map STK has.
Besides, this whole project is based on voluntariness of two devs and some artists, so you should be glad that STK exist at all. Your comment is just rude.

Crend
Crendgrim

Postby lelkoun » 21 Apr 2011, 09:33

Crendgrim {l Wrote}:What is this supposed to achieve? You don't like a map, so you come here and say "just delete it, it's ugly"? Actually, I really like this map. It's the only really "dark" map STK has.
Besides, this whole project is based on voluntariness of two devs and some artists, so you should be glad that STK exist at all. Your comment is just rude.

I am sorry, I did not intend to offend anyone. I am not against "dark" maps. But if you compare this map with others like Hacienda, you realise that this map is not so good.

It is very difficult to drive (especially in turns) because the contrast between the road and everything else is too low. And the graphics is ugly.
lelkoun

Postby Kinsu » 21 Apr 2011, 10:48

lelkoun {l Wrote}:It is very difficult to drive (especially in turns) because the contrast between the road and everything else is too low. And the graphics is ugly.

Thank you for the feedback, if you wish to improve it, you're welcome ;)
Kinsu

Postby Auria » 21 Apr 2011, 15:50

Ok, now i see, thanks for the report.

And I agree Crescent Crossing is one of the tracks that need most love. We will gratefully accept improvements/replacements ;) (oh and last time I heard, Samuncle and Vertt, the guys behind hacienda, had started working on revamping Crescent Crossing, I hope they can come up with something nice :) )
Auria
STK Moderator