type=? for roadcones

type=? for roadcones

Postby ggreenn » 06 Mar 2011, 02:29

what do i set the type to to create roadcones?
ggreenn

Re: type=? for roadcones

Postby hiker » 06 Mar 2011, 13:34

Hi,

there is no type, atm you have to copy the model from an existing blend, add the settings (which you can see in the blend) file.

If we have many tracks with the same road cone, we might add a shortcut for that.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby ggreenn » 06 Mar 2011, 14:42

oh, ok i was just curious because as you said I saw a blend for it in the models folder so I thought maybe it was possible. Right now I'm converting High in the Sky (an addon) and I finally got the whole converting thing down. It seems hard but it actually is pretty easy.
ggreenn

Postby hiker » 07 Mar 2011, 00:07

ggreenn {l Wrote}:oh, ok i was just curious because as you said I saw a blend for it in the models folder so I thought maybe it was possible.

Yes, models can be shared, so we would only ship one road cone (if a track has a special road cone, it would just be used, but if it's just the standard cone, a model from the model directory would be used). At least that's the idea, I would have to check if this is fully function (iirc there is only one track with road cone atm) - I just noticed that there actually are two roadcone models *blush* Ticket opened :)

Right now I'm converting High in the Sky (an addon) and I finally got the whole converting thing down. It seems hard but it actually is pretty easy.

Glad to hear that. More tracks are good, and if there is anything to make modelling easier, let us know.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker