How to use the second monitor as default?

How to use the second monitor as default?

Postby jobenmoe » 18 Apr 2019, 21:21

I am trying to modify the game so that it opens up on full screen on a second monitor. Could someone guide me on how to change this configuration in the source code? This for a windows machine by the way.
jobenmoe

Re: How to use the second monitor as default?

Postby Auria » 19 Apr 2019, 01:40

I don't really know how this could be done, but at least here's a few very broad pointers in the right direction :

\stk-code\lib\irrlicht\source\Irrlicht\CIrrDeviceWin32.h
\stk-code\src\graphics\irr_driver.cpp (look for "createDeviceEx")

There is a "DisplayAdapter" property in SIrrlichtCreationParameters that might be worth a look
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby nadebula1984 » 01 May 2019, 17:20

When I wish to use an external display for gameplay, I'd like to set the external display as primary in the operating system's control center (or something similar).
nadebula1984

Postby forum » 13 May 2020, 19:47

Hello, I'm new to this forum!

On my Laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64bit runs STK. And what shall I say? Especially in these crazy times, the kids love it. ;)

I have attached an external screen to my laptop via HDMI.

My question is, if/how is it possible to run a multiplayer splitscreen race with 2 players so one uses the external screen and the other the laptop's screen?

I tried to "maximize" the STK window so its size matches the size of both screens together (one above the other or side by side). But it is not possible, because the maximum size STK shows is obviously the maximum possible size of one screen (1920 x 1080 pixel - both the laptop and the external screen have this resolution).

Is there a way to "maximize" the STK window (in "windowed" mode or "full screen") to achieve what I have in mind?

If not with the current STK version, would it be maybe possible to do so by patching the source code and build new (for Windows)?

Many thanks for your helpful hints! :)
Best regards, 7wells
forum