Question about throttle in STK 0.7 (Solved)

Question about throttle in STK 0.7 (Solved)

Postby doktordave » 17 Feb 2011, 18:23

Recently I tried STK 0.7, and I must say it looks WAY better than .62. I did have a problem with the throttle, though. If you have the button pressed, it slows down periodically, without warning. I don't have the problem in .62, just in .7. What I was wondering is if this is a feature, or a bug. If a feature, is there some way to turn it off? I'm using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad, on Linux Mint Debian 64, 8Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870 w/256Mb video ram.

Any help / info is appreciated.
Last edited by doktordave on 18 Feb 2011, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
doktordave

Re: Question about throttle in STK 0.7

Postby hiker » 17 Feb 2011, 23:04

doktordave {l Wrote}:Recently I tried STK 0.7, and I must say it looks WAY better than .62. I did have a problem with the throttle, though. If you have the button pressed, it slows down periodically, without warning. I don't have the problem in .62, just in .7.

What do you mean exactly with 'slows down periodically'? Is the kart driving slower and then faster (look at the speedometer to see this? Or is it more like the camera is slightly moving backwards and forwards (which would give the impression of the kart driving faster and slower)? The latter is a known bug (https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/supertuxkart/ticket/2). It's mainly caused by having a somewhat inconsistent frame rate. Could you try disabling kart animations in the option menu? That should fix this.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Re: Question about throttle in STK 0.7

Postby doktordave » 18 Feb 2011, 02:24

OK, I feel stupid. :oops: I tried your suggestion, same problem.

So then I thought try assigning the throttle to a different button. Of course, this works fine. Now why didn't I think of that sooner?

Thanks for the tip, Joerg. Though now I can leave the animations on.
doktordave