Clic on option button crashing the game :

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
/!\ Warning /!\ : unknown tag found in STK GUI file  : 'bottombar'
Erreur de segmentation

Transparency doesn't work in several textures :

Capture-Fenêtre sans nom.png

Capture-Fenêtre sans nom-1.png

Can't load crescent crossing

reflections ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ City sky must track could be 20% larger

+ To improve physics kart could have this kind of shapebox :

Kart_sphere.png

+ Option can be shouted behind cool :cool: but the first and the last drivers don't take advantage of this improvement, I think

+ Invincibility bonus (a sphere can be used as projectile )

+ Too many max nitro in gas station of tux tollway

+ To improve explosion (see video) camera can stay regarding(look) the road. ... plus :think: camera can be placed a little far to have a better view of the explosion scene

+ At the end (during the animation ) karts too often come to collide

+ In challenge mode (I never played, but ... ) the score could be use to buy back echecs in more difficult races

+ Score display can be :
1st
character up than player
player
character down player
last

Video of improvements I think to make in :

xr591
fortmagma
STK fan
STKRudy85

Re: My global test of svn 7657

Postby Auria » 09 Feb 2011, 03:10

Hi,

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Clic on option button crashing the game :

/!\ Warning /!\ : unknown tag found in STK GUI file  : 'bottombar'
Erreur de segmentation

are you sure you are using latest SVN? This sounds like mixing new data files with an old binary

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Transparency doesn't work in several textures :
Can't load crescent crossing

Same thing, make sure you use the right binary with right datafiles. This sounds like new datafiles with old binary.

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ To improve physics kart could have this kind of shapebox :

No, this would be too slow (too intensive for the CPU). Joerg has ideas to improve the physics anyway, he's almost a pro at physics now, I think we can trust him ;)

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ Option can be shouted behind cool :cool: but the first and the last drivers don't take advantage of this improvement, I think

I'm not sure I understand, sorry

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ Invincibility bonus (a sphere can be used as projectile )

This was discussed, maybe eventually someone will code it

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ Too many max nitro in gas station of tux tollway

I'm not sure, any other opinions? the gas station takes you off the path so you need a major reason to go there in the first place

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ To improve explosion (see video) camera can stay regarding(look) the road. ... plus :think: camera can be placed a little far to have a better view of the explosion scene

Camera handling during explosions was indeed discussed

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ At the end (during the animation ) karts too often come to collide

This is difficult to fix for now; when we have a better AI this can come

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ In challenge mode (I never played, but ... ) the score could be use to buy back echecs in more difficult races

I'm sorry, I don't understand

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ Score display can be :
1st
character up than player
player
character down player
last

Which score display?
In any case we plan to improve highscores.
The race ending scores are just fine as they are in my opinion.

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Video of improvements I think to make in :

xr591
fortmagma

[/quote]

Regarding XR591, I will check if I can prevent this annoying set-back.
Regarding Fort Magma, I don't understand your point? Of course you need to turn when the road turns
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 09 Feb 2011, 03:44

Auria {l Wrote}:Hi,

I'm not sure, any other opinions? the gas station takes you off the path so you need a major reason to go there in the first place

My guts feeling would be that there are too many. We could try letting the computer do (say) 5 races when we only enable one of the two ways, and see how much more time it takes (or someone else plays X laps, once via the gas station, once without) - all in time trial mode, without using any boosts. Then we would only have to figure out how much a second of nitro is worth, and we can be perfectly fair :)
STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ To improve explosion (see video) camera can stay regarding(look) the road. ... plus :think: camera can be placed a little far to have a better view of the explosion scene

Camera handling during explosions was indeed discussed

Indeed, I think the camera would need to be re-implemented (see ticket), which unfortunately isn't easy :(

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Video of improvements I think to make in :

xr591
fortmagma

Regarding XR591, I will check if I can prevent this annoying set-back.
Regarding Fort Magma, I don't understand your point? Of course you need to turn when the road turns

I agree with XR591, that section is just very difficult to see. Perhaps we should use two colours on the track? One 'main' part, the other for the sides? Then it might be easier to see where the track is. And the new (same as the old) F.M. could indeed use some indication on where the road is going to - perhaps some arrows on the wall? First time I drove, I actually avoided going down (assuming that this would be the wrong direction, and since I couldn't see that the road was going on), and drove backwards up on the top.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby STKRudy85 » 09 Feb 2011, 12:10

Auria {l Wrote}:are you sure you are using latest SVN? This sounds like mixing new data files with an old binary

I'm using rapid svn on ubuntu which (it seem) don't upload files in they aren't changed I send you a screenshot.
Auria {l Wrote}:No, this would be too slow (too intensive for the CPU). Joerg has ideas to improve the physics anyway, he's almost a pro at physics now, I think we can trust him ;)

I now he think about it :) . It was just an idea
Auria {l Wrote}:
STKRudy85 {l Wrote}: + Option can be shouted behind cool :cool: but the first and the last drivers don't take advantage of this improvement, I think

I'm not sure I understand, sorry

Heureusement que tu parles français, donc :
Les bonus peuvent être désormais tirés vers l'arrière , mais le dernier ne tire pas avantage de cette amélioration. Le premier aussi : ces bonus seront des chewing gum alors qu'il pourrait avoir une boule de bowling ou un cake ce qui pourrait lui permettre d'assurer sa place
Auria {l Wrote}:

The main problem with nitro is when they are placed in line especially if they are in line on AI's way
hiker {l Wrote}:Indeed, I think the camera would need to be re-implemented (see ticket), which unfortunately isn't easy :(

Where I can find ticket ? I will wait so :(
Auria {l Wrote}:
STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:+ In challenge mode (I never played, but ... ) the score could be use to buy back echecs in more difficult races

I'm sorry, I don't understand

I wanted to say score can be counted in points and points can be used like money:
You can buy back lost race
Auria {l Wrote}:The race ending scores are just fine as they are in my opinion.

I want say if more than 4 AI are displayed
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby Auria » 09 Feb 2011, 15:11

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:
Auria {l Wrote}:are you sure you are using latest SVN? This sounds like mixing new data files with an old binary

I'm using rapid svn on ubuntu which (it seem) don't upload files in they aren't changed I send you a screenshot.

No, my question is : did you compile STK?

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Heureusement que tu parles français, donc :
Les bonus peuvent être désormais tirés vers l'arrière , mais le dernier ne tire pas avantage de cette amélioration. Le premier aussi : ces bonus seront des chewing gum alors qu'il pourrait avoir une boule de bowling ou un cake ce qui pourrait lui permettre d'assurer sa place

Yes this annoys me too, I'll file a ticket

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:I wanted to say score can be counted in points and points can be used like money:
You can buy back lost race

Maybe, but for now we will keep it simple

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:I want say if more than 4 AI are displayed

What is the current problem when there are more than 4 AIs? But indeed when there are too many we could remove some AIs
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby STKRudy85 » 09 Feb 2011, 21:20

Auria {l Wrote}:No, my question is : did you compile STK?

Yes I save terminal compilation return :
Compilation.txt
It include game launched, and crashed when option menu is chosen
(71.91 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

And want to tell to you about the uggly UFO of star track which must be re-textured and maybe light can be added ?

Cheap_soviet_UFO.png
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby STKRudy85 » 09 Feb 2011, 21:31

I've used rapid SVN as I told you :

Rapid_SVN.png

Capture.png

then I did :

cd /home/rudy/Supertuxkart_CurrentSVN
make distclean
./autogen.sh && ./configure --with-addons && make
chmod -R a+rwx ~/Supertuxkart_CurrentSVN

Like I usually do

My computer is :
Capture-Ubuntu Tweak.png

rudy@rudy-laptop:~/Supertuxkart_CurrentSVN/src$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) Thermal Subsystem (rev 03)
01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 1000 Series
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8131 Gigabit Ethernet (rev c0)
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby hiker » 09 Feb 2011, 23:40

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:
Compilation.txt

Something is definitely wrong with your SVN version. First of all it would be good to move all addons to a different directory, so that we know that all warning messages come from our files, and not some other models.Then make sure you are starting the right executable, and not (e.g.) a 0.7 version that might be in your path. Just do
cd SUPERTUXKART_ROOT_DIR
./src/supertuxkart

An example:
/!\ Warning /!\ : unknown tag found in STK GUI file : 'bottombar'

The following command shows where this message is coming from, and that there is a test for 'bottombar':
.../supertuxkart/src> find . -name "*.?pp" -exec grep -H "unknown tag found in STK GUI file" \{} \;
./guiengine/screen_loader.cpp:                    std::cerr << "/!\\ Warning /!\\ : unknown tag found in STK GUI file  : '"
.../supertuxkart/src> find . -name "*.?pp" -exec grep -H "bottombar" \{} \;
src/guiengine/screen_loader.cpp:                else if (!strcmp("bottombar", xml->getNodeName()))

and searching for 'bottombar' in this files shows that it is indeed tested for, and that the message shouldn't be printed in this case:
                else if (!strcmp("bottombar", xml->getNodeName()))
                {
                    Widget* w = new Widget(WTYPE_DIV);
                    w->m_bottom_bar = true;
                    append_to.push_back(w);
                }
                else if (!strcmp("roundedbox", xml->getNodeName()))
                else
                {
                    std::cerr << "/!\\ Warning /!\\ : unknown tag found in STK GUI file  : '"
                              << xml->getNodeName()  << "'" << std::endl;
                    continue;
                }

So I am reasonable sure that either your source code is outdated, modified, or corrupted.Similar for the 'particles' entries in material.xml files.

Can you do a 'svn status', and check which files are modified? Ideally this should give you not output at all. If there are no modifications, it might be that the svn files are corrupt. What do you get if you do the above commands on your system?

As a simple test to see if anything got corrupted, do the following (in an SVN working copy of course):
cd <SUPERTUXKART_ROOT_DIRECTORY>
rm -rd data/gui    # That shouldn't be necessary, but just in case :)
rm src/guiengine/screen_loader.cpp
svn update

This should download all the files again, and potentially remove any problems with inconsistencies for the 'bottombar' entry.Does this help?

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby STKRudy85 » 09 Feb 2011, 23:55

Ok it's understand (a little) Because code is not my hobby I will compile less than I do espescially because I can use Xeno's binary.

Thanks for help ;)
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby Auria » 10 Feb 2011, 17:43

Yes, you need to use ./src/supertuxkart and not just "supertuxkart", if you use just "supertuxkart" you're not using the newly-built binary.

regarding the UFO, I'm aware it's ugly, we will need to improve it
Auria
STK Moderator