Minor problems with 0.10.0

Minor problems with 0.10.0

Postby Andet » 12 Jan 2019, 22:44

Hello,

I downloaded the 0.10.0 beta and I really enjoy it :) . I just want to address a few last-minute problems I encountered. I would use GitHub but I don't have an account.

The Nessie's Pond skip at the end still works—https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-fcUW6TYg (not my video, by the way). In my opinion it'd be okay to leave it in since it seems to save just a little less than two seconds and it's somewhat risky, but I wouldn't mind if it was taken out either.

Around the Lighthouse and STK Enterprise switched GP's during development, but their number of AI's in the story mode challenges still reflect the old GP's they were in (so the Around the Lighthouse challenge has as many AI as the STK Enterprise challenge should have, and vice versa).

On the "To the Moon and Back" grand prix in story mode I got the "Better luck next time!" cutscene even though I won. I played again and it said I won. Is there a hidden time requirement or something? It's also a time trial GP rather than a normal GP. This is probably intentional, but I just want to be sure.

I was once on a server that kept kicking everyone out every race and saying there was an "invalid user" trying to join or something like that (I think it was the Chicago server).

Nothing too major. Just some issues I wanted people to be aware of. The developers all did a great job of improving the game and I'm looking forward to the stable release!

EDIT: Also, the final challenge seems to be a lot easier than it was in 0.9.3. I don't know if it's by design or if it's because of (https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/issues/3633) or something else.
Andet

Re: Minor problems with 0.10.0

Postby Auria » 13 Jan 2019, 02:50

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

Regarding Nessie's Pond, we hope this track will eventually get upgraded so this might get fixed at the same time. Meanwhile, though, it seems like a very minor cheat if you can only gain 2 seconds.

Regarding lighthouse and enterprise, I'm not sure how you are determining how many AIs each track "should" have? Kart numbers are not attributed depending on which GP the track is part of.

As for the GP that did not register correctly, we'd need to see if this is reproducible. So far this is the first time this is reported and don't think any of us has seen this bug. If people can help test this and report whether they can reproduce the bug, and in which cases it happens, would be appreciated. There is no secret hidden time

As for the last race, probably some AI changes made nolok a bit too careful. Eventually we'll get to improving that bit, though AI is always quite hard
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Alayan » 13 Jan 2019, 04:00

There is no hidden requirements for the GP, being 1st should grant you the cup of the level you're playing at... As Auria said, we'd need more information to be able to reproduce the issue and pinpoint the cause.

For kart numbers, the progression is indeed meant to be related to the moment they are unlocked in the story mode, which is in turn related to the GP the track is in, so Andet got the idea right. Thanks for the head-up. I expect to change again some challenge unlock order and which track is in which GP when Black Forest and Ravenbridge Mansion are integrated into 0.10.0.

As for the final challenge, the item/nitro issue definitely matters (the special nolok handling is actually right now making it play worse than it would without superpowers), and I hope we get it fixed for the release. However, I'd say I felt it was easy too in 0.9.3. :P
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby Andet » 13 Jan 2019, 05:17

I should add that with the GP, it first showed a cut scene of Tux driving into a garage (saying "Better luck next time!"), then it showed the award ceremony at Cocoa Temple indicating that I won. The challenge had no trophy afterward so I guess it counted as a loss. I'll see if I can reproduce it. I got first every race, if that matters.
Andet

Postby Alayan » 13 Jan 2019, 12:48

If it showed first the "Better luck next time!" cutscene, then the issue seems to be that for some reason the game thought you didn't win the GP (nor got a podium place), the trophy not being awarded would only be a consequence of this.

Nothing else special happened in that GP ?
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby Andet » 14 Jan 2019, 00:15

I don't remember anything special happening in the GP. Earlier I said it showed the "Better luck next time!" cut scene and then the Cocoa Temple cut scene. I think I remembered incorrectly. It probably showed the "Better luck next time" scene and then the unlocking scene (the one with a treasure chest). I did the GP before doing "Off the Beaten Track."

I couldn't reproduce it based on the details I already stated. If it's never been reported before it seems like it's no big deal. It's just kinda weird. :)
Andet

Postby Andet » 14 Jan 2019, 07:31

Green Valley is also 3 laps in its GP instead of 2 and I'm not sure if that's intentional. But if it's going to replaced by Black Forest anyway then I guess it doesn't really matter.
Andet

Postby annopnod » 14 Jan 2019, 08:47

online mode server not support ai race
annopnod