Addon tracks and karts

Addon tracks and karts

Postby code-breaker » 03 Feb 2011, 05:07

I know this must be a dumb question, but how do I add addon tracks and karts? I have stk installed from svn, and I downloaded artmuseum and volcano, unpacked them, and copied the folders into /usr/local/share/games/supertuxkart/data/tracks/, but they don't show up when I start the game, and I don't see any info anywhere on how to add them. Thanks.
code-breaker

Re: Addon tracks and karts

Postby hiker » 03 Feb 2011, 06:09

Hi,
code-breaker {l Wrote}:I know this must be a dumb question, but how do I add addon tracks and karts? I have stk installed from svn, and I downloaded artmuseum and volcano, unpacked them, and copied the folders into /usr/local/share/games/supertuxkart/data/tracks/, but they don't show up when I start the game, and I don't see any info anywhere on how to add them. Thanks.

I think the artmuseum and volcano haven't been exported with a recent track exporter, and as a result will have a lower track version number. I don't think they are using any features that would cause them not to work in recent svn, so just try to modify the track.xml files and set the version number to 3, like in the following example:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
<track  name        = "Secret Garden"
        version     = "3"

Though no promises :)

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby code-breaker » 03 Feb 2011, 07:13

Yup, that worked. Thanks! Neither track keep track of laps, but I can drive both of them.
code-breaker

Postby STKRudy85 » 03 Feb 2011, 10:09

If you search on this forum , you will find a lot of addons ;)
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby hiker » 03 Feb 2011, 12:34

code-breaker {l Wrote}:Yup, that worked. Thanks! Neither track keep track of laps, but I can drive both of them.

Ah yes, that might have been the change that caused us to make older tracks incompatible (i.e. increase the track version numbers).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker