Showing remaining players in battle mode

Showing remaining players in battle mode

Postby forum » 15 Jul 2020, 17:33

Hello,

When playing the battle mode, I realised that the remaining players are shown from the front view in the display slots of the terminated players. I assume that this is intended, correct? Would it be possible to show the remaining players in that front view from a more remote angle? They could benefit from that if they can watch with one eye to their real display slot (view from behind the kart) and with the other eye to that "view-from-the-front" (as a mirror, so to speak). ;) But maybe this would be too much of help? Well, I just wanted to ask, what is behind the current behaviour.

In detail:
Let's assume, 3 players have a battle match with some additional KI karts. One of 3 display slots/corners shows each player (as usual), the 4th corner shows the map (by the way: Can users rearrange that map, i.e. place it in another corner or even hide it?). When 1 of the 3 human players terminates, his display corner does not show his kart anymore (as would happen in a won race), but instead the currently leading player from behind. I am sure that the developers had something on their mind with this. Is it worth to revisit this again and maybe discuss, if this could be amended or changed in any way that players might like? Do not get me wrong, I like the current behaviour - just curious what you/others think about it (e.g. changing the camera angle a little bit on that?). ;)
Best regards, 7wells
forum