Ideas for SuperTux egg hunt?

Ideas for SuperTux egg hunt?

Postby Wuzzy » 15 Sep 2018, 23:38

So, this thread is more brainstorming than anything else. Take everything in this post with a grain of salt (or two).

Right now, you can play Egg Hunt in SuperTux difficulty, but it seems a bit pointless.
Egg Hunt in SuperTux is identical to egg hunt in Expert difficulty, the only difference is that your kart is slightly faster (I guess). The egg positions are identical. This seems quite unimaginative.

The first, and most obvious solution would be to hide some eggs in some REALLY difficult-to-find places. But I was told this is very hard or impossible to think of places that are even harder than in Expert.

A different idea would be to add something special to the egg hunt, some nasty surprises and obstacles in the way. I have multiple ideas, I am not sure which to pick. Each idea might be combined with another idea as well.

Idea 1: Remove all gift boxes and nitro bottles and place lots of chewing gum at strategic positions
Idea 2: Replace all gift boxes with bananas and replace all nitro bottles with chewing gum
Idea 3: Drive with a permanent anchor attached, remove gift boxes
Idea 4: If you do not collect an egg for 30 seconds straight, you get a bomb

Note these ideas are not well-throught-through yet and I do not stand 100% behind them. Do you have your own ideas to make Egg Hunt stand out in SuperTux? I would like to hear about them.

If everything fails, I would just remove the SuperTux difficulty from Egg Hunt. Because as it stands now, it does not really add something of value because it's way too similar to Expert.
Wuzzy

Re: Ideas for SuperTux egg hunt?

Postby Auria » 18 Sep 2018, 23:15

Removing supertux is probably the one that makes most sense, but doesn't work well in the current UI as difficulty is selected before the game mode. Removing gift boxes is probably the most sensible options
Auria
STK Moderator