Gameplay Ideas for SuperTuxKart 2.x

Gameplay Ideas for SuperTuxKart 2.x

Postby Derivate » 24 May 2024, 23:25

Hello everybody,

although I'm new to this forum I would like to share some small ideas that came to my mind recently and that could improve the gameplay of SuperTuxKart:

+ adding 2 driving modes:
--- realistic (drifting/physics like in STK <=0.7.3 ---plus--- no 'invulnerability phase' after bomb explosion or being shot like in STK <= 0.6.2a) ---> sharp corner drifting, realistic crash/bullet physics after being exploded/hit/shot by another player/kart
--- arcade (driving mechanics like we know them today since STK 0.8) ---> speed boost after drifting, invulnerability phase, also maybe steering while airborne

+ also making the Story-Map bigger by adding featured add-on tracks or add-on tracks that would fit well into the story/genre of the current game to it would be a great improvement to the future of SuperTuxKart

I hope the ideas above will make it to SuperTuxKart 2.x and be a great addition to the gameplay of the future game.

Have a nice weekend :-)
Derivate

Re: Gameplay Ideas for SuperTuxKart 2.x

Postby Alayan » 26 May 2024, 12:15

Derivate {l Wrote}: --- realistic (drifting/physics like in STK <=0.7.3 ---plus--- no 'invulnerability phase' after bomb explosion or being shot like in STK <= 0.6.2a) ---> sharp corner drifting, realistic crash/bullet physics after being exploded/hit/shot by another player/kart

That would be a huge amount of work for something that wouldn't be much fun.
Alayan
STK Moderator