voluntary nerf

voluntary nerf

Postby freem » 04 Jul 2020, 19:15

Hello.

I'd like to implement a voluntary nerf, for people that wan't more challenge.
I would like some ideas about how to implement it.
freem
BN Moderator

Re: voluntary nerf

Postby shacknetisp » 04 Jul 2020, 20:42

Two options I can think of:

HP reduction slider, turn yourself into a glass cannon by modifying maximum hp.
Impulse slider, reduce your movement capabilities perhaps by modifying maximum impulse or reducing possible moves.
I am Beha
shacknetisp

Postby Laggy » 04 Jul 2020, 21:16

shacknetisp {l Wrote}:HP reduction slider, turn yourself into a glass cannon by modifying maximum hp.
Impulse slider, reduce your movement capabilities perhaps by modifying maximum impulse or reducing possible moves.

1+ it.

Maybe overall reduce movement speed (there's command similar to like /botspeed), reduce abilities for parkour (/botabilities) or longer reload times? No second weapon function?

reducing damage in my opinion is annoying.
Also, even though I give some this idea, I am not a fan of less movement speed. Maybe others would want it for fun.
Laggy

Postby Matadula » 05 Jul 2020, 15:29

Oh god please! i've been asking about a feature like this for years >.>

I agree with the others here. We need two kinds of handicap: 1. HP slider as shacknetisp said and 2. Weapon damage reducer (my preferred one).

I also agree that reducing movement speed or impulse energy wouldn't be a good idea, since it impacts gameplay negatively and makes it boring.
Matadula

Postby MoonPadUSer » 17 Jul 2020, 01:03

This would 100% break compatibility with Red Eclipse
MoonPadUSer

Postby freem » 17 Jul 2020, 18:57

That may be true, but:

1: if it can be done in a technically compatible way, I don't think it's much of a problem, like if the settings is a client-side one
2: since that would be voluntary stuff, I don't think it will raise any problem even with RE1.x maintainers
3: I was curious to see how it would be received by other players. So far, it seems like it would be appreciated. Someday, the RE1.6 compat should be dropped, too. Collecting and discussing ideas for that time does not seems a waste of time to me.
freem
BN Moderator

Postby Matadula » 17 Jul 2021, 22:26

Hi guys!

I do want to elaborate why this would be an important addition to the game.

1. Old players often stomp newbies and there is nothing they can do about it. Not only this gets boring for the experienced player, it is a nightmare for the newbies. A lot of times i have seen new people get into a server, get stomped 0 - 20 and then uninstall the game to never be seen again.
2. A lot of times you DO have to play with new people since the playerbase is low. It's not like they could go to a "newbie-only" server.
3. It can make the game more fun and challenging for old players.
Matadula