Weapon Balance: Plasma

Weapon Balance: Plasma

Postby MoonPadUSer » 05 Jun 2020, 14:59

Hi, since this is something we'll definitely do have to discuss, I thought I might as well create the topic rn, so that people who stumble upon this can post their suggestions and stuff like that.
MoonPadUSer

Re: Weapon Balance: Plasma

Postby \/ /\ |^ < <> » 06 Jun 2020, 10:15

hi and ty. i enjoy re because u have to improve your ability to move and to aim. plasma is far from aim ability. idk how, if reducing its power, making it slower but imho just completely remove the weapon plasma would be good. bb

\/ /\ |^ < <>
\/ /\ |^ < <>

Postby MoonPadUSer » 06 Jun 2020, 10:42

\/ /\ |^ < <> {l Wrote}:hi and ty. i enjoy re because u have to improve your ability to move and to aim. plasma is far from aim ability. idk how, if reducing its power, making it slower but imho just completely remove the weapon plasma would be good. bb

\/ /\ |^ < <>

I certainly can't speak for all of us, but I will rather add than remove weapons, but we have to do smth about the Plasma, maybe making the plasma ?balls? only half the size could help
MoonPadUSer

Postby Laggy » 06 Jun 2020, 12:28

\/ /\ |^ < <> {l Wrote}:hi and ty. i enjoy re because u have to improve your ability to move and to aim. plasma is far from aim ability. idk how, if reducing its power, making it slower but imho just completely remove the weapon plasma would be good. bb

\/ /\ |^ < <>

I agree most of your points, but plasma is a very iconic weapon in my opinion. Most players who I asked about RE in earlier days seem to recall this weapon.

I think we should just weaken it a bit. My suggestion would be to reduce the distance or make the plasma1 balls smaller or maybe even increase the delay... Removing it it's just sounds too easy solution, it would lose the charm of having in the game.
Laggy

Postby Matadula » 08 Jun 2020, 04:05

A smaller “plasma1” particle looks better (like in 2.0) and also makes it a little bit harder to hit someone, which something people have been asking.

About “plasma2” I don’t know :P. As Laggy has said, people see it as iconic (and newbies love it a lot), but it has always sucked, it’s too easy to react to it, you just gotta run a bit when you hear someone charging it and that’s it. It doesn’t even work to zone people out very well since it travels so slow and takes a bit of time to reach full power. Right now it’s only annoying.

Maybe a small particle that travels at medium speed in a straight line and as soon as it hits something it expands doing what it already does? (but at 75% size). That way it could work to zone people out or to close the paths of your enemies
Matadula

Postby MoonPadUSer » 08 Jun 2020, 08:17

Matadula: The idea sounds great, but that also sounds kinda like a sniper-plasma y'know what I mean? You'd be able to hit anyone from far away even if your aim is bad cuz that thing will just expand and hit 'em anyways.
MoonPadUSer

Postby Matadula » 09 Jun 2020, 16:28

Yep >.<

Gotta think about it more thoroughly
Matadula