Music tracks that I composed

Re: Music tracks that I composed - Codename "A124"

Postby capricom45 » 22 Jul 2015, 01:48

I am working on a new track and am running into a weird glitch with my DAW: Changing key signature causes an interesting sound when the drums are playing.

The new track should be ready by Friday, without mixing and mastering it.
Oh yeah, forgot to add: the new track's codename is "A124".
the previous track's (Surprise Upgrade is the name) codename is "A123"
Socially banned since 2014, a somewhat sleepy musician
capricom45

Re: Music tracks that I composed - Final Message

Postby capricom45 » 22 Jul 2015, 19:23

Hey everyone, since no-one even bothers to say anything on this thread anymore, I have one announcement:
Unfortunately and regrettably , I am leaving the community, because I'm considered a nuisance. I thought I was welcome here, but I was in fact wrong on so many levels.
I am not welcome here because I am annoying, and worthless. To those who supported me with feedback: Thank You very very much.

I will continue to work on music, but no announcements will be made here.

Good Luck with SuperTuxKart. I will not be missed.

Should you wish to speak to me, press on the envelope

All the best,

- Capricom45

Edit:
Scratch that, that is what happens when I lose sleep over projects
Last edited by capricom45 on 23 Jul 2015, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
capricom45

Re: Music tracks that I composed

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 22 Jul 2015, 23:05

Here, you can't wait many comments and you know this very well. I try to comment when I can help, but I'm working HARD in my free time to finish my projects for STK and I had to stop my work to give you a response. So, maybe other users are busy, too. OzoneOne is making songs like he said; ctdabomb and anon are making tracks, samuncle making all sort of art, ArDanWol is always sharing his opinion. Some other members, are always trying to help. The rest, who never appear (some 1,000,000 users), are lazy to comment as always, no matter if is you or hiker the person who posted the topic.
GeekPenguinBR

Postby 0zone0ne » 23 Jul 2015, 01:55

I'm honestly speechless... I don't know how you got to that conclusion, but let me tell you: Somebody who is "annoying", "worthless" and a "nuisance" does not get four pages of discussion and feedback on their work.
0zone0ne

Postby XGhost » 23 Jul 2015, 03:03

I'm not quite sure what you was expecting. Contributing needs time, passion, care and patience. You can't just produce something, put it in here and wait until somebody thinks this would might be cool. This is not a place to just presenting your personal work and then figuring to include it in the game. -> You already know that.

capricom45 {l Wrote}:I thought I was welcome here, but I was in fact wrong on so many levels.
I am not welcome here because I am annoying, and worthless.

What decided you to think something like that? Every second day you update your work. Give us some time (1 to 2 weeks at least) to actually looking through it, so we're able to consider us with it. How are we supposed to understand your concept? Is the STK team the only instance who is in charge to give you feedback? I'm sure there are many good musicians in your circle of acquaintances. Also keep in mind what GeekPenguin said: we are working too -> besides that, lot of countries have summer holidays at this time.

It's a pity to hear that you want to leave because of us -> the community (which is not really fair in my opinion). I wish you good luck in your future projects.
Cheers
XGhost

Postby capricom45 » 23 Jul 2015, 04:35

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Here, you can't wait many comments and you know this very well. I try to comment when I can help, but I'm working HARD in my free time to finish my projects for STK and I had to stop my work to give you a response. So, maybe other users are busy, too. OzoneOne is making songs like he said; ctdabomb and anon are making tracks,samuncle making all sort of art, ArDanWol is always sharing his opinion. Some other members, are always trying to help. The rest, who never appear (some 1,000,000 users), are lazy to comment as always, no matter if is you or hiker the person who posted the topic.

Thanks for waking me up, and that's why I don't bother posting tracks - Should I really waste time on people who never show up?
I don't think so
capricom45

Postby capricom45 » 23 Jul 2015, 04:36

0zone0ne {l Wrote}:I'm honestly speechless... I don't know how you got to that conclusion, but let me tell you: Somebody who is "annoying", "worthless" and a "nuisance" does not get four pages of discussion and feedback on their work.

half of them is me talking to myself.
capricom45

Postby capricom45 » 23 Jul 2015, 04:43

XGhost {l Wrote}:I'm not quite sure what you was expecting. Contributing needs time, passion, care and patience. You can't just produce something, put it in here and wait until somebody thinks this would might be cool. This is not a place to just presenting your personal work and then figuring to include it in the game. -> You already know that.

capricom45 {l Wrote}:I thought I was welcome here, but I was in fact wrong on so many levels.
I am not welcome here because I am annoying, and worthless.

What decided you to think something like that? Every second day you update your work. Give us some time (1 to 2 weeks at least) to actually looking through it, so we're able to consider us with it. How are we supposed to understand your concept? Is the STK team the only instance who is in charge to give you feedback? I'm sure there are many good musicians in your circle of acquaintances. Also keep in mind what GeekPenguin said: we are working too -> besides that, lot of countries have summer holidays at this time.

It's a pity to hear that you want to leave because of us -> the community (which is not really fair in my opinion). I wish you good luck in your future projects.
Cheers

Check the logs.
When I complete something, I release it.
Nope, out of 30 people, 0 are musicians.
And here's where you missed a certain line in the original announcement:
I will continue to work on music, but no announcements will be made here.

Check again, I used the strikethrough function because I cannot delete after a certain amount of time
capricom45

Postby Akien » 23 Jul 2015, 11:26

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:The rest, who never appear (some 1,000,000 users), are lazy to comment as always, no matter if is you or hiker the person who posted the topic.

Could we stop with this fight over how many lazy users are reading this forum and not providing you the Holy Grail feedback that you are waiting for? This is not a "let's get free feedback" forum, this is a forum to discuss the development of open source games. Some people will be interested in browsing quickly through everything, while not willing to listen to every mockup that gets posted in any forum from someone hungry for feedback. Yes, contributing can be hard, and you don't always get as much credit as the time you put into your work would let you hope for.

Here are some numbers:
Total members 3328

So we are quite far from one million users. And this forum has been around for at least a decade, and most users just registered to post one message saying "this doesn't work on Win7". So please stop doing all kinds of innuendos about the masses that read your threads and don't answer your desperate calls for feedback. There are very few people reading those forums, and even fewer who actually have time to contribute everywhere. I'm starting to wonder if I should just stop reading the STK forum at all, since it looks like my innocent silent browsing with a small contribution from time to time is not welcome.

Really, stop whining about numbers and feedback.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 23 Jul 2015, 19:05

Akien {l Wrote}:Could we stop with this fight over how many lazy users are reading this forum and not providing you the Holy Grail feedback that you are waiting for? This is not a "let's get free feedback" forum, this is a forum to discuss the development of open source games. ...Some people will be interested in browsing quickly through everything, while not willing to listen to every mockup that gets posted in any forum from someone hungry for feedback.

Usually I don't post here before 7:00 PM (local time in Rio) or 10 PM in London, 5:00 PM in Washington, 1:00 AM in Moscow and 7:00 AM in Sidney, but...well let we go.

Is this a forum to discuss the development of open source games? Well, the name is FreeGameDev Forum, but I never noticed until you told me. :o I tought that this was the place for kids hungry for 15 minutes of fame who like to appear asking for feedback. :lol: ;)

Well, you didn't see any comment posted by myself asking for feedback here (I mean this topic). This topic was originally posted by capricorn 45 and I gave him just a reply. He was disapointed for almost no feedback and I said him that this is normal here, in the case you didn't notice. You had not any time to reply a despondent colleague, but you spent minutes just to show your disagreement about my supposed behavior. You gave him no reply or comment as incentive, but you used his topic trying to give me a lecture about not being "hungry" and "desperate" for feedback.

Weeks ago I asked for some feedback after spending 1 month making a "mockup" in 3D. So, I tought that was not too much ask for a comment like "Good" or "I disliked". As I said, I'm not hungry for feedback or angry for no feedback. I have a professional formation and university degree in marketing. In business management, we don't move a step ahead before a survey to know the impressions showing the real interest from the final public. If you didn't understand: I will not waste months making objects in 3D, textures, adding textures and fixing issues if I don't know if somebody liked or not my new project.

Anyway, I wrote "case closed" two weeks ago and it was a referrence to feedback from the forum members. Now, I'm working on my projects until I can show them finished.

Akien {l Wrote}:Here are some numbers: Total members 3328
So we are quite far from one million users. So please stop doing all kinds of innuendos about the masses that read your threads and don't answer your desperate calls for feedback. There are very few people reading those forums, and even fewer who actually have time to contribute everywhere.

I know this perfectly, like you probably saw while reading my reply to the forum's global moderator two weeks ago: "Charlie, Your forum has 3315 members.". The number 1 Million was just an exaggerated joke and I thought this was clear. At least in my country - Brazil - everybody understand this kind of joke, but as I said, my English is bad.

Akien {l Wrote}: I'm starting to wonder if I should just stop reading the STK forum at all, since it looks like my innocent silent browsing with a small contribution from time to time is not welcome. Really, stop whining about numbers and feedback.

No. IMO, it's not the case that you must to start avoiding this forum. Keeping the silence is your right for sure and I have the right to be not misunderstood and called desperate and hungry for feedback. Just avoid using a topic created by a second person (in this case capricorn45) to adress a criticsm to a third person (in this case, myself). Don't take me as harsh, but sometimes, we need to clarify some things and I didn't like to be pictured as an imature guy hungry and desperate for feedback.

Well, I have no interest in becoming unsympathetic or start a virtual hostility with another person who is a fan of the same nice game.
Peace.:cool:
GeekPenguinBR

Postby ArDanWol » 23 Jul 2015, 23:55

Geez man. Everyone's welcome here. I dropped out of the conversation recently because you were at the point where you needed a professional musician to guide you. I am far from a musician and have little or no musical talent. I just give my opinions on tracks you post. Please don't give up on this.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby capricom45 » 24 Jul 2015, 00:13

ArDanWol {l Wrote}:Geez man. Everyone's welcome here. I dropped out of the conversation recently because you were at the point where you needed a professional musician to guide you. I am far from a musician and have little or no musical talent. I just give my opinions on tracks you post. Please don't give up on this.

I understand, Thanks. (check your email in the next hour - a surprise will be waiting, and it's the good kind)
capricom45

Postby Akien » 24 Jul 2015, 12:34

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Just avoid using a topic created by a second person (in this case capricorn45) to adress a criticsm to a third person (in this case, myself). Don't take me as harsh, but sometimes, we need to clarify some things and I didn't like to be pictured as an imature guy hungry and desperate for feedback.

Well, I have no interest in becoming unsympathetic or start a virtual hostility with another person who is a fan of the same nice game.

Sorry for overreacting. My rant was not specifically addressed at you (I just quoted your message as a basis for what triggered my annoyance), but more to the general atmosphere of the last few weeks regarding the giving of feedback.
I have absolutely no hostility against you, and please keep up with your nice contributions; I don't comment on them everytime, but I like the direction you're taking :)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Re: Music tracks that I composed - Track Update No.3 - rev1

Postby GunChleoc » 24 Jul 2015, 14:01

capricom45 {l Wrote}:Thanks to feedback from Auria, I'm updating the track once again:

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5a0TY ... sp=sharing
OneDrive: http://1drv.ms/1gACkic

changed: percussion track was removed (If you heard clicks in the song, that was the percussion track)

The timing is a lot better than your first attempts when you joined this forum. You have improved a lot :)

Like others have posted, this needs a catchy melody on top of it.
GunChleoc

Re: Music tracks that I composed - Track Update No.3 - rev1

Postby capricom45 » 24 Jul 2015, 17:04

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:
capricom45 {l Wrote}:Thanks to feedback from Auria, I'm updating the track once again:

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5a0TY ... sp=sharing
OneDrive: http://1drv.ms/1gACkic

changed: percussion track was removed (If you heard clicks in the song, that was the percussion track)

The timing is a lot better than your first attempts when you joined this forum. You have improved a lot :)

Like others have posted, this needs a catchy melody on top of it.

Hey, Thanks, but just so you know: I released update 4 to that track (it should be at the bottom of page 3)
capricom45

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 24 Jul 2015, 19:03

Akien {l Wrote}:Sorry for overreacting. My rant was not specifically addressed at you (I just quoted your message as a basis for what triggered my annoyance), but more to the general atmosphere of the last few weeks regarding the giving of feedback.
I have absolutely no hostility against you, and please keep up with your nice contributions; I don't comment on them everytime, but I like the direction you're taking :)

No problem. Stay around commenting. ;)
GeekPenguinBR

Re: Music tracks that I composed - SlippedIn

Postby capricom45 » 24 Jul 2015, 19:27

Oh look, another Friday - another track (fully mixed and mastered - Then again, I work rapidly - Blame my DAW+MixingSystem for that :p)

I did send the track to a forum user two days ago.

https://c44music.bandcamp.com/track/my-gratitude-is-my-word

Anyways, I tried seeing what would happen if I increased the tempo from my usual 100 BPM to 150 BPM, and ran into a glitch in the process of recording. (you'll hear the glitch in song)
capricom45

Postby GunChleoc » 26 Jul 2015, 10:38

On my computer, the melody sound doesn't integrate well with the background sound - try fiddling with the mix a bit.
GunChleoc

Re: Music tracks that I composed - Question

Postby capricom45 » 29 Jul 2015, 20:46

I have just one question: Should I continue to work on songs, or wait until everyone (who is active) in this community catches up?
capricom45

Postby ArDanWol » 30 Jul 2015, 02:01

Keep composing. ;)
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
ArDanWol

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 31 Jul 2015, 05:13

Create a good base with chords (played by keyboard), bass and drums according the STK stryle and, so, try to find a good melody to put "over".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby capricom45 » 31 Jul 2015, 05:18

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Create a good base with chords (played by keyboard), bass and drums according the STK stryle and, so, try to find a good melody to put "over".

Everything (bass, drums, synths, and saxophones) is done on an M-Audio Keystation mini 32 - I do have to run the recording DAW under Wine though
capricom45

Postby capricom45 » 31 Jul 2015, 18:57

I am attaching a new melody. I didn't mix it, but I won't be able to do so until September(?) mostly because I will not be in town
Attachments
HoldingBackTheCreativity(unmixed).ogg
Last song before September, unmixed
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 844 times
capricom45

Re: Music tracks that I composed - quik update

Postby capricom45 » 31 Aug 2015, 18:48

Hey All, just a quick update: Currently, I have just 3 Rock/Jazz fusion tracks, which are: "Surprise Upgrade", "My Graditude is My Word" and the newest one which is "Holding back the Creativity".
URLs:
https://silverignition-svl.bandcamp.com ... se-upgrade
https://silverignition-svl.bandcamp.com ... is-my-word
https://silverignition-svl.bandcamp.com ... creativity

Will there be more? I think so
capricom45

Postby ArDanWol » 31 Aug 2015, 20:16

Are these all the same track, just with a different tempo? They seem very similar
ArDanWol