Lips of Suna 0.7.0 released

Lips of Suna 0.7.0 released

Postby amuzen » 10 Aug 2013, 11:41

Lips of Suna 0.7.0 has been released. Release notes can be found from the blog post and downloads and screenshots from the project website.

Feel free to post comments or feedback in this thread. Bug reports can be posted in the bug tracker or the bug report thread.

0_7_0_a.jpg
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Re: Lips of Suna 0.7.0 released

Postby Julius » 12 Aug 2013, 16:31

Featured on the blog!
Nice work.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 16 Aug 2013, 10:41

Just downloaded and unzipped the Windows packages of the game, I realise there is no executable. Maybe is it missed?
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby amuzen » 16 Aug 2013, 15:27

Sadly, you didn't miss it. There's no pre-built Windows executable for now because I can't maintain it myself and there's no one else around who could do it either. LoS badly needs a Windows developer to help with packaging and development, but it might take some time to find one at this rate. :|
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby Julius » 16 Aug 2013, 16:57

Heh, slightly ironic I guess, as usually it is the over way around.

Can't you cross-compile with mingw at least? That is probably easier compared to setting up an compilation environment under the unusable Windows anyways.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby charlie » 16 Aug 2013, 18:11

I think amuzen is doing the right thing; leave that task to the community. Let somebody interested step up and do it. If the project is compelling (it is), then it should happen (it will).
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby amuzen » 16 Aug 2013, 18:32

Julius {l Wrote}:Heh, slightly ironic I guess, as usually it is the over way around.

Can't you cross-compile with mingw at least? That is probably easier compared to setting up an compilation environment under the unusable Windows anyways.

Well, I could, theoretically, but the packaging work is so time-consuming already that it's not feasible for me to increase it further. I'm trying to return to the 1-2 month release cycle, and having to spend about a week out of that to get the game packaged is just too much. I'd rather spend the time to develop the game to the point where it's end-user ready for real and then reconsider packaging if no one else has stepped in yet.

However, theoretically, it should get packaged much earlier than that. The Windows packaging process is documented in the wiki and there's a mostly functional MinGW setup available in the downloads section at SourceForge. It shouldn't take much longer for an average Windows developer than it takes for me. There are also people who bother to package the game for other Linux distros so surely someone out of the much larger mass of Windows users will bother at some point.

Theoretically, the LoS development team should also have something like 90 Windows developers if it has one Linux developer now. How it works in practice is a whole different matter, though. :p

charlie {l Wrote}:I think amuzen is doing the right thing; leave that task to the community. Let somebody interested step up and do it. If the project is compelling (it is), then it should happen (it will).

Yeah, it should happen eventually and be a better arrangement in the long run.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby dimproject » 19 Sep 2013, 15:17

Will release for OS Windows?
How about translation on the other languages (support for translators).
dimproject

Postby amuzen » 19 Sep 2013, 18:10

dimproject {l Wrote}:Will release for OS Windows?

We're still looking for someone who could package the game for Windows.

dimproject {l Wrote}:How about translation on the other languages (support for translators).

I'm afraid that translations aren't quite feasible yet. The game still evolves way too much, and we just don't have the manpower to deal with the workloads that are typically involved with integrating translation patches. I'll keep the idea in mind, though, because it's something we'd like to be able to support one day.

Edit: I split some of the posts. They're now located here.
amuzen
LoS Moderator