Variable Tinkerers

Variable Tinkerers

Postby qreeves » 10 Sep 2011, 09:10

Have a cool combination of gameplay variables you want to share? Whether you'd like to see them in the game, as mutator, or just for fun, post them here. Use [ code ] tags for short posts, or attachments for cfg files.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Re: Variable Tinkerers

Postby Phy83r0pt1k » 10 Sep 2011, 09:24

You can also host them here: http://wazu.eocore.org/mods/
Phy83r0pt1k

Postby ZeroKnight » 10 Sep 2011, 22:00

[DELETED BY AUTHOR]
Please grab these at my archive thread: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3592
Last edited by ZeroKnight on 16 Oct 2012, 13:04, edited 5 times in total.
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby inpersona64 » 11 Sep 2011, 02:11

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:I was playing around with some weapon settings a few days ago, and got the following:

G-18/Desert Eagle
Modified pistol. Primary fire mimics the G-18 machine pistol (which can empty it's 32 round clip in a second). Does about half damage as a normal pistol shot, and fires very fast. (as fast as the var min)
The Secondary mimics a Desert Eagle. Single shot, low fire rate, noticeable kickback, but very high firepower. 3 shots to the leg, or 2 torso shots, or a single to the head will equal a kill. Despite being so powerful, the low fire rate and single shot makes this hard to use. Uses 4 ammo per shot to equal an 8 round clip.

Vortex Grenade
Primary fire is the same, but the secondary lobs a grenade that creates a purple vortex that sucks in nearby players much like the secondary of the plasma gun. Lasts a little longer than the plasma's secondary and doesn't pull as far, but it's much harder to escape once you're caught. Neat concept, I based it sort of off a gun from the Ratchet and Clank series, except in grenade form.
Just try it, you'll see what I mean :P

G18-DEagle+VortexGrenade.7z

AH, ratchet and clank! Haha, haven't heard about that game in a while.
inpersona64

Postby Phy83r0pt1k » 11 Sep 2011, 05:49

we need a Groovitron.
Phy83r0pt1k

Postby orbitaldecay » 11 Sep 2011, 20:40

Here is a configuration file for tinkering with league variables. I have included settings which I've found to be enjoyable. (I attempted to attach this file and I got the error "CFG files aren't allowed as attachments" or something to that effect)

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
// League Mode Sample Configuration
// orbitaldecay 9/11/2011

// League traits work like this:

// 1: Hover Allowed
// 2: Impulse Allowed
// 4: Burn Resistant
// 8: Bleed Resistant

// Add values together to combine them.  For example, 5 would be hover & burn resistant.
// All other values are percentages.

// Sword League Attributes
// Bleed resistant, 50% health, 120% speed
swordleaguetraits       10
swordleaguehealth       0.5
swordleagueweight       1.0
swordleaguespeed        1.2
swordleaguescale        1.0

// Flamer League Attributes
// Burn resistant, 75% health
flamerleaguetraits      6
flamerleaguehealth      0.75
flamerleagueweight      1.0
flamerleaguespeed       1.0
flamerleaguescale       1.0

// Plasma League Attributes
// Hover
plasmaleaguetraits      3
plasmaleaguehealth      1.0
plasmaleagueweight      1.0
plasmaleaguespeed       1.0
plasmaleaguescale       1.0

// Rifle League Attributes
// Normal settings
rifleleaguetraits       2
rifleleaguehealth       1.0
rifleleagueweight       1.0
rifleleaguespeed        1.0
rifleleaguescale        1.0

// Grenade League Attributes
// Normal settings
grenadeleaguetraits     2
grenadeleaguespeed      1.0
grenadeleaguehealth     1.0
grenadeleagueweight     1.0
grenadeleaguescale      1.0

// Shotgun League Attributes
// No impulse, 150% health, 150% speed, 125% size
shotgunleaguetraits     0
shotgunleaguehealth     1.5
shotgunleagueweight     1.0
shotgunleaguespeed      1.5
shotgunleaguescale      1.25

// SMG League Attributes
// No impulse, 150% health, 150% speed, 125% size
smgleaguetraits         0
smgleaguehealth         1.5
smgleagueweight         1.0
smgleaguespeed          1.5
smgleaguescale          1.25

// Rocket League Attributes
// No impulse, 200% health, 150% size
rocketleaguetraits      0
rocketleaguespeed       1.0
rocketleaguehealth      2.0
rocketleagueweight      1.0
rocketleaguescale       1.5
[ Wazu Clan ][ irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ http://www.orbitaldecay.com ]
orbitaldecay

Postby ZeroKnight » 11 Sep 2011, 21:41

orbitaldecay {l Wrote}:(I attempted to attach this file and I got the error "CFG files aren't allowed as attachments" or something to that effect)

Yeah, that's why my attachments are archived, or just posted as code. The forum me and my buddy own, in the very beginning ran phpBB (which is what FreeGameDev runs), and it's just the attachment system. Only a handful of common file types are allowed, the rest you have to manually add.

Honestly, I think quin should get in touch with the FGD admin and see if he can't request to allow for uploading of CFG's. Given our community's modding nature, it would help things along quite a bit.

As for your league tinkerings, I'll probably try it out sometime soon. :P
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby bovineuniversity » 11 Sep 2011, 22:58

I don't remember the exact settings, but I was playing around with botscale and botspeed once. It was funny when they were huge, but too easy. However, make them small and fast and give them a decent skill level and it was rather interesting. I was just bored and nobody was online at the time.
bovineuniversity

Postby fluxord » 13 Sep 2011, 07:39

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:
orbitaldecay {l Wrote}:(I attempted to attach this file and I got the error "CFG files aren't allowed as attachments" or something to that effect)

Honestly, I think quin should get in touch with the FGD admin and see if he can't request to allow for uploading of CFG's. Given our community's modding nature, it would help things along quite a bit.

+1.

BTW, nice vars for the pistol & grenade. Quite fun to see the amount of shells flying when you shoot in primary fire with the pistol.

@orbitaldecay I'm gonna try your league setup, looks interesting.

It would be nice if the <weapon>colour var could also change the color of the weapon's texture (not only the pickup item); i.e.
/shotguncolour 0x00CC00 turns the shotgun green (when the player holds it).

Also its odd to see some vars have /color and others named as /colour... UK english har! :twisted:
Last edited by fluxord on 13 Sep 2011, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
fluxord

Postby qreeves » 13 Sep 2011, 07:48

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:Honestly, I think quin should get in touch with the FGD admin and see if he can't request to allow for uploading of CFG's. Given our community's modding nature, it would help things along quite a bit.

Done and done.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby fluxord » 13 Sep 2011, 11:54

@orbitaldecay hey, nice config you've got for league!

I've tinkered a bit with it too, here is the result:
//============================================================================
//                      League Mode Sample Configuration
// Authors:
//  fluxord         9/13/2011
//  orbitaldecay    9/11/2011  (based on his sample config)
// League vars:
//-------------
//  explodeleague                 float
//  <weapon>leaguehealth          float
//  <weapon>leaguescale           float
//  <weapon>leaguespeed           float
//  <weapon>leaguetraits          integer
//  <weapon>leagueweight          float
//
//      Note: leaguescale influences leagueweight & leaguespeed.
//
// League traits work like this:
//------------------------------
//  1: Hover Allowed
//  2: Impulse Allowed
//  4: Burn Resistant
//  8: Bleed Resistant
//
// Add values together to combine them.
// For example, 5 would be hover & burn resistant.
// All other values are percentages.
explodeleague               0.25

// Kick & fist
//  Impulse, 100% health, 100% speed, 100% size
meleeleaguehealth           1.0
meleeleaguetraits           2
meleeleaguescale            1.0
meleeleaguespeed            1.0
meleeleagueweight           1.0

// Pistol
//  No Impulse, 100% health, 100% speed, 100% size
pistolleaguehealth          1.0
pistolleaguetraits          0
pistolleaguescale           1.0
pistolleaguespeed           1.0
pistolleagueweight          1.0

// Sword
//  Impulse,  75% health, 170% speed,  80% size
swordleaguehealth           0.75
swordleaguetraits           2
swordleaguescale            0.8
swordleaguespeed            1.7
swordleagueweight           0.7

// Shotgun
//  Bleed Resistant,  120% health, 100% speed, 120% size
shotgunleaguehealth         1.2
shotgunleaguetraits         8
shotgunleaguescale          1.2
shotgunleaguespeed          1.0
shotgunleagueweight         0.8

// SMG
//  Impulse,  100% health, 110% speed, 110% size
smgleaguehealth             1.0
smgleaguetraits             2
smgleaguescale              1.1
smgleaguespeed              1.1
smgleagueweight             0.9

// Flamer
//  Burn Resistant,  120% health, 90% speed, 120% size
flamerleaguehealth          1.2
flamerleaguetraits          4
flamerleaguescale           1.2
flamerleaguespeed           0.9
flamerleagueweight          0.8

// Plasma
//  Hover,  110% health, 100% speed, 100% size
plasmaleaguehealth          1.0
plasmaleaguetraits          1
plasmaleaguescale           1.0
plasmaleaguespeed           1.0
plasmaleagueweight          1.0

// Rifle
//  Impulse,  100% health, 90% speed, 90% size
rifleleaguehealth           1.0
rifleleaguetraits           2
rifleleaguescale            0.9
rifleleaguespeed            0.9
rifleleagueweight           0.9

// Rocket
//  No Impulse,  150% health, 60% speed, 150% size
rocketleaguehealth          1.5
rocketleaguetraits          0
rocketleaguescale           1.5
rocketleaguespeed           0.6
rocketleagueweight          1.5

// Grenade
//  Bleed Resistant,  130% health, 80% speed, 130% size
grenadeleaguehealth         1.3
grenadeleaguetraits         8
grenadeleaguescale          1.3
grenadeleaguespeed          0.8
grenadeleagueweight         1.3

This gives you a nice tiny fast Ninja, and some slow though guys. Shotgunner & Grenadier are Bleed resistant.

I want to know: is the var /<weapon>leagueweight used at all? I didn't notice big changes.
And what is /explodeleague used for?
Thanks!
Last edited by fluxord on 13 Sep 2011, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
fluxord

Postby qreeves » 13 Sep 2011, 13:32

fluxord {l Wrote}:I want to know: is the var /<weapon>leagueweight used at all? I didn't notice big changes.

Would only really apply to gravity, note that scale influences weight so this variable is to counter/balance that effect.

fluxord {l Wrote}:And what is /explodeleague used for?

Like "explodelimited" applies to arena and instagib, this variable controls how much explosions are scaled by in league. You'll notice the rockets and grenades aren't so all-devastating with those mutators.
qreeves

Postby ZeroKnight » 13 Sep 2011, 17:16

fluxord {l Wrote}:BTW, nice vars for the pistol & grenade. Quite fun to see the amount of shells flying when you shoot in primary fire with the pistol.

Thank you :P And yeah, it is pretty great seeing that :P Oh I didn't know fully what flakweap did until last night, so until I get a chance to re-upload, a hotfix for the Vortex Grenade. Change the existing flakweap line to:
grenadeflakweap2 6

What flakweap does is add flak to a weapon when it explodes, and it uses the other weapons' fire to do this. This is why it's range is -1 .. 19. 0 is melee primary, 1 is pistol primary, etc. 10 is melee secondary, 11 is pistol secondary, etc.
What's even cooler, is that flakweap directly uses the vars that make up the shot. So if you were to modify the look/effect of say, the rifle's primary and used flakweap 7 on a different weapon, it's flak would have the same attributes as the rifle's modified primary. This could be color, partlen, partsize, any of the attributes! Neat!

fluxord {l Wrote}:It would be nice if the <weapon>colour var could also change the color of the weapon's texture (not only the pickup item); i.e.

Oh I sooo agree. A green shotgun would make ZeroKnight very happy <3 Positively, I wonder how hard it would be to impliment, if at all. If that particular part on the weapon texture got ran through the same coloring code as various HUD elements, and you took out the coloring already there in the actual texture, add some "<weap>color 0x<hex>" vars, you could essentially achieve this. In theory anyway.

fluxord {l Wrote}:Also its odd to see some vars have /color and others named as /colour... UK english har! :twisted:

Someone read my mind ;P

qreeves {l Wrote}:
ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:Honestly, I think quin should get in touch with the FGD admin and see if he can't request to allow for uploading of CFG's. Given our community's modding nature, it would help things along quite a bit.

Done and done.

Nice! Thanks, quin. ^_^
ZeroKnight

Postby qreeves » 13 Sep 2011, 17:43

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:What's even cooler, is that flakweap directly uses the vars that make up the shot. So if you were to modify the look/effect of say, the rifle's primary and used flakweap 7 on a different weapon, it's flak would have the same attributes as the rifle's modified primary. This could be color, partlen, partsize, any of the attributes! Neat!

Haha. Interestingly enough, the flak variables came about because I had repeated requests for explosions to throw out shrapnel. After dismissing the idea for a long time I had one of my little "random brainwave moments"; what if it just threw out some shotgun or smg projectiles?. Thus, flak was born :) When I first introduced it, we had a ball adding funky flak settings to different weapons. It really is genius in its simplicity.

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:
fluxord {l Wrote}:It would be nice if the <weapon>colour var could also change the color of the weapon's texture (not only the pickup item); i.e.

Oh I sooo agree. A green shotgun would make ZeroKnight very happy <3 Positively, I wonder how hard it would be to impliment, if at all. If that particular part on the weapon texture got ran through the same coloring code as various HUD elements, and you took out the coloring already there in the actual texture, add some "<weap>color 0x<hex>" vars, you could essentially achieve this. In theory anyway.

I sooo wanted to do this myself straight up once I convinced eihrul to implement the necessary stuff for me to colour skins from the code. There's a slight hitch; only people with shaders can see more than one of these colour alterations per model. As the gun is linked to the player, the player has two colours already (profile and team) and there is a third one for things like the glowy parts on the flamer and plasma (so they get dark as they deplete). I've also been warned by eihrul not to keep adding more colour levels as it gets memory intensive due to the way the structures are implemented. If we can get proper alpha channel masks on those textures to define the coloured areas, and remove the existing colour from the skin, then I can put it in the third slot (and those without shaders can just live with white 'bits' instead of coloured ones).

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:
fluxord {l Wrote}:Also its odd to see some vars have /color and others named as /colour... UK english har! :twisted:

Someone read my mind ;P

I'm Australian, and we use UK English. eihrul (and likely others that worked on Cube) have a US English background. Where possible I've made most things UK standardised, but its tough to keep backward compatibility in all cases.
qreeves

Postby ZeroKnight » 13 Sep 2011, 19:30

It is pretty clever, and very neat ;D However, I have a question regarding a weapmod I'm currently working on. I've been tinkering with the rifle to make the "Eclipse Rifle A2", (Yes, I have dubbed the rifle the Eclipse Rifle) which is an assault rifle version. I wont give many details until it's done, but the alt fire will be a mimiced "underslung grenade launcher". I've currently gotten it working all up to the explosion. I would have been happy with using just flakweap 8, but I don't want it to ignite targets. So, if you get a chance, I'd like to see a variable that determines whether or not a shot will ignite a player or not. (and how long, the damage, etc.) Not only would it serve my purposes for my weapmod, but could lead to some more very interesting mods, since all weapons would be able to be tweaked to ignite.

For now, I'm pretty sure I can achieve a close enough effect with flakweap 6. I still have to play around more.

That's unfortunate. Oh well, if you ever get that implemented, that'd be awesome. Hooray for green weapons! <3

Oh, well that explains it :P I don't mind all that much personally, though it does get a little odd sometimes. A thought just came to mind, would be for users to just add some aliases to their autoexec, that make the spelling interchangeable. Wouldn't even be that time consuming if you had an editor with regexp find/replace, like Notepad++ or vim.

Like for example:
alias <somecommand>color [<somecommand>colour $arg1]
ZeroKnight

Postby orbitaldecay » 13 Sep 2011, 19:38

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:It is pretty clever, and very neat ;D However, I have a question regarding a weapmod I'm currently working on. I've been tinkering with the rifle to make the "Eclipse Rifle A2", (Yes, I have dubbed the rifle the Eclipse Rifle) which is an assault rifle version. I wont give many details until it's done, but the alt fire will be a mimiced "underslung grenade launcher". I've currently gotten it working all up to the explosion. I would have been happy with using just flakweap 8, but I don't want it to ignite targets. So, if you get a chance, I'd like to see a variable that determines whether or not a shot will ignite a player or not. (and how long, the damage, etc.) Not only would it serve my purposes for my weapmod, but could lead to some more very interesting mods, since all weapons would be able to be tweaked to ignite.

For now, I'm pretty sure I can achieve a close enough effect with flakweap 6. I still have to play around more.

That's unfortunate. Oh well, if you ever get that implemented, that'd be awesome. Hooray for green weapons! <3

Oh, well that explains it :P I don't mind all that much personally, though it does get a little odd sometimes. A thought just came to mind, would be for users to just add some aliases to their autoexec, that make the spelling interchangeable. Wouldn't even be that time consuming if you had an editor with regexp find/replace, like Notepad++ or vim.

Like for example:
alias <somecommand>color [<somecommand>colour $arg1]

Well, there is always
residual[1|2]: boolean 0 or 1, determines if a projectile from each firing action has a residual effect, 0 = off, 1 = burns, 2 = bleeds

so I think
grenaderesidual2 0

would do it (not sure if flakweap uses primary or secondary mode of weapon, secondary I think?).
orbitaldecay

Postby ZeroKnight » 13 Sep 2011, 21:48

Well that's the thing though, the way flakweap works is great, but in this one aspect, it's not that great, because even though residual is set to 0 for the weapon, the grenade in this case would still have it's residual effect on, which flakweap inherits.
And for using secondary with flakweap, you add 10. ie. 17 is rifle secondary.
ZeroKnight

Postby orbitaldecay » 13 Sep 2011, 23:31

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:Well that's the thing though, the way flakweap works is great, but in this one aspect, it's not that great, because even though residual is set to 0 for the weapon, the grenade in this case would still have it's residual effect on, which flakweap inherits.
And for using secondary with flakweap, you add 10. ie. 17 is rifle secondary.

Yeah, I agree a little more flexibility in this area would be useful. Thanks for jogging my memory on the flakweap :)
orbitaldecay

Postby ZeroKnight » 23 Sep 2011, 23:07

Deleted previous post to re-bump my first post. Included that fix for the Vortex Grenade and added a description for the ERA2

See my first post in this thread
ZeroKnight

Postby greaserpirate » 29 Sep 2011, 22:43

Sorry if I'm a bit late...

I've worked on a complete set of variables for a while. Here's a link: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3128

I submitted an earlier version in this forum, but I think it would be more relevant here.

By the way, do you think you could add an in game list of mods like the ones listed above? so that if you wanted to use the vortex grenades or the modified rifle you wouldn't have to remember what the file was called and which file extensions it has, etc. Just an idea.

By the way, I totally love the rifle grenades. :D

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby ZeroKnight » 30 Sep 2011, 17:39

Can't look at the link now due to my school's lame web filter, but I will later on today. That actually sounds great, and depending on what you've got in there could make editing the wiki a lot easier for me :P (which I've yet to start, I'm sorry! been caught up with school D:)

Hmm. That's a very interesting idea! It could very much be done! I've already got ideas. GUI that reads from a folder in your scripts dir (where the weapon scripts are) and makes buttons for each script it finds. Not entirely sure how I'll go about it yet, but it sounds like a really nice idea. Thanks!

Thanks man, I'm glad you like them :) That means a good deal since I spent about an accumulative of 15 hours tweaking it to get it just how I wanted it. ^^"
ZeroKnight

Postby ZeroKnight » 30 Sep 2011, 20:27

[POST DELETED BY AUTHOR, PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD]

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3592
Last edited by ZeroKnight on 16 Oct 2012, 10:37, edited 5 times in total.
ZeroKnight

Postby qreeves » 01 Oct 2011, 02:11

loopfiles weapmod scripts/WeapMods cfg [ guibutton $weapmod [blahblah] ]
qreeves

Postby ZeroKnight » 01 Oct 2011, 19:42

You know, I was wondering if I could do it that way, but I didn't know that's what loopfiles did! Thanks, that's the way I wanted to do it originally. :P
ZeroKnight

Postby qreeves » 02 Oct 2011, 05:20

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:You know, I was wondering if I could do it that way, but I didn't know that's what loopfiles did! Thanks, that's the way I wanted to do it originally. :P

It might be better to pre-build the list rather than use loopfiles in the gui itself (as it would do this every frame).
qreeves