Ubuntu/Deb packaging attempt

Ubuntu/Deb packaging attempt

Postby svenskmand » 22 Jul 2011, 16:05

So what is the OpenDungeons script for in the gamedirectory? and what is the two dirs used for?
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
#!/bin/sh
OPENDUNGEONS_DATA_PATH=/usr/local/share/games/OpenDungeons/ /usr/local/games/OpenDungeons.bin "$@"
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Re: Ubuntu/Deb packaging attempt

Postby svenskmand » 22 Jul 2011, 20:56

I think I managed to get it to work, now I need to make a proper copyright list, here is what I got currently:
This work was packaged for Debian by:

Casper Kejlberg-Rasmussen <something @gmail.com> on Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:43:33 +0200

It was downloaded from:

http://opendungeons.sf.net

Upstream Author(s):

# Add author list with email

Copyright:

Copyright (C) 2011
    # Add author list

License:

#ToDo: Specify which files the licenses apply to

Source code is licensed under GNU GPL v3.0, see "/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3" or
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0-standalone.html

Content (models, textures, sounds, music, etc.) is licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

The Debian packaging is:

Copyright (C) 2011 Casper Kejlberg-Rasmussen <something @gmail.com>

and is licensed under the GPL version 3, see "/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3".

I would like for everybody who have contributed to the project to write their full name, email and SF username like this:
  • Casper Kejlberg-Rasmussen, something ( a t ) gmail.com, svenskmand
So that I can make a proper credits list. I will need the SF username as I want to try and make a script that aggregates all your commits to GIT and SVN so we can make a more detailed copyright list for every file in the game, if that is possible. If you do not feel comfortable having your email in clear on this forum then send me a PM with the a single line containing full name, email and SF username instead.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby oln » 22 Jul 2011, 23:09

svenskmand {l Wrote}:So what is the OpenDungeons script for in the gamedirectory? and what is the two dirs used for?
#!/bin/sh
OPENDUNGEONS_DATA_PATH=/usr/local/share/games/OpenDungeons/ /usr/local/games/OpenDungeons.bin "$@"

It's a script for starting the game, setting the environment variable OPENDUNGEONS_DATA_PATH to where the game-data is located.
(The game uses this variable to look for the data files if it exists, otherwise it falls back to the working directory.)
I think debian packaging guidelines require using /usr and not /usr/local though if you plan to follow them. (The prefix to use might be set somewhere in the package scripts though.)
Also, I think you already have my details.
oln

Postby svenskmand » 23 Jul 2011, 00:46

Another question. The files in the config folder they are supposed to be read/write able right? So they should be placed in ~/.opendungeons right?
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby oln » 23 Jul 2011, 09:18

Yes, I think so.
oln

Postby svenskmand » 23 Jul 2011, 21:30

I will bump this again as it is important:
I would like for everybody who have contributed to the project to write their full name, email and SF username like this:
  • Casper Kejlberg-Rasmussen, something ( a t ) gmail.com, svenskmand
So that I can make a proper credits list. I will need the SF username as I want to try and make a script that aggregates all your commits to GIT and SVN so we can make a more detailed copyright list for every file in the game, if that is possible. If you do not feel comfortable having your email in clear on this forum then send me a PM with the a single line containing full name, email and SF username instead.

svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 24 Jul 2011, 09:09

I don't care to be on this list. :D It's OK, if you only write "Stefan" or something. ;)
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 24 Jul 2011, 17:47

You do not want credit for your work? You put quite some effort into it, why not take credit for it?
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 24 Jul 2011, 18:38

Well, I know what I have done, I don't need to be on a list to know. ;) Also, I think the amount of users that actually read such lists is veeeery small. And the veeeery few people that read the credits don't know me anyways. It's not like I would have any benefit for being on the list, nor do I have any disadvantage for not being on the list.
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 28 Jul 2011, 01:35

The game does currently not built on Linux :S any estimate on when this will work again? I am affraid that I messed up the PPA now, because the stuff I uploaded does not build :S
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 28 Jul 2011, 08:43

I'm still waiting for a definite answer for my question about AngelScript in the Clean Up thread. ;)

We only agreed to distribute the full AS in our repo. The question wether to directly build against the AS source or rather link against the libs built by us is still open (my position: directly use the source). If we want to link against the lib, only MingW works. Somebody else would have to build the libs for Linux and Visual Studio, push them to the repo and change the cmake files (because I only use MingW - that was the reason why I voted for the source version and not for the lib version).
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 28 Jul 2011, 13:11

I replied in the other thread. Just compile AS everytime the game is compiled, i.e. do not store a binary file in the repo.

Let me know when the Git repo have something that compiles again, then I will push the final changes to the PPA.

Also I implemented the user_files.cfg in the Windows and Ubuntu/Debian packages/PPA so now it just needs to be used in the game. The user_files.cfg contain a single line with a path to the place where user files is to be stored, i.e. user settings, screenshots, replays, etc. all the content that is custom to or generated by the user in relation to the game. In the tarball the file just contains a "." to indicate that the OD root is used to save the user files in, but on Windows and Ubuntu/Debian the file contains the absolute path to where the files should be stored.
svenskmand
OD Moderator