This is a heavily moderated forum
Topics that don't follow these rules will be removed or moved to the appropriate sectionSo please read this before submitting assets
What is an asset library ?
Supertuxkart has a library. Objects from the library might be placed in tracks. It's easier to centralize objects in one place. For instance there is only one or two palm tree model but you can insert them in several different track.
1) Objects from the library are included in the core game. They need to have a decent quality. If you are a beginner and you are experimenting with blender and our tools, that's fine : it's the way to start, but you should rather post your creation in the general contributions forum. Once you are sufficiently experienced, you are welcome to post your objects here
2) Objects must be finished and almost ready to be included. It's not a WIP forum. For work in progress there is the general contribution forum
3) Objects must follow these guidelines http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Style_Guidelines
and should be compatible with our universe http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Universe
4) You should be ready to improve some parts of your object. If it doesn't get included, we will explain what needs to be improved and changed in order to be included
5) One thread per object or per group of object (no more than five objects). Splitting in thread makes it easier for everybody to know what's included and what's not. The thread is reserved for constructive criticism and discussion about the object.
6) Focus on constructive criticism, negative posts will be not be tolerated. The idea is to improve the general quality of supertuxkart and your own skill. Criticism is welcome but will be moderated if it fails to follow this guideline.
7) Your object/asset must be released under a DFSG compatible license. (http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Licensing
). We recommend to choose Creative Commons By Sa 3.0
I made here
an example of how an asset submission should look like.
Don't be too afraid
. This is a serious section but we are friendly.