Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Postby MrKoala » 16 Aug 2014, 07:45

Hi, new to SR and really impressed by this game so far. Great game play in general and track creation is super fun. I'm having a problem with the ghost car feature though.

The ghost car in SR is completely opaque. When you just slow down a little bit compared to your PB or track record, the ghost will block most of the view. There seems to be no option to turn off ghost car in single race mode, or making it partly transparent.

Is there any existing option that I utilize to avoid the view blocking? If not, may I suggest:
A. Semi-transparent ghost cars with adjustable transparency value.
B. If semi-transparency won't be easy to implement in current rendering system, use a decimated wireframe to represent the car. Or maybe just a simple bounding box.
C. Just an option to turn off the ghost rendering all together. The mini map would still show the ghost cars.
MrKoala

Re: Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Postby CryHam » 16 Aug 2014, 15:46

You can turn off the ghost completely in Replay - View, the 1st checkbox (show ghost).
Right. I'll probably add the transparent ghost at sometime in future. Now I don't want to deal with the materials for it.
And a slider for the distance at which the opaque ghost disappears.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Postby MrKoala » 17 Aug 2014, 08:24

Thanks, CryHam.

Since the option was in the replay section I assumed they were only effective for replays.
MrKoala