V10-MtSulphur [in 2.3]

V10-MtSulphur [in 2.3]

Postby Wuzzy » 20 Apr 2014, 11:24

Yay! Time for another track.

What happens if you combine the dustyness and bumpyness of V4-Spikeland, the rockyness of J3-Rocky and the mountainyness of D2-Mntn?

You get MtSulphur!
This is a bumpy and long track made for off-road vehicles and it is certainly not for casuals. It is set in a dark jungle and the track goes around a big mountain/volcano (?) and the atmosphere is very dusty/sulphury.

There is a slight problem with the imposters on this track. If you look carefully (test it in editor), you’ll see that all imposters have a sickly green border. The actual imposter color fits, but where does that green border color come from? I cleared the cache and this track uses its own landscape ID.
Attachments
MtSulphur_v1.zip
MtSulphur track files
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 343 times
MtSulphur_view.jpg
MtSulphur preview
MtSulphurOverview.jpg
MtSulphur overview
Wuzzy

Re: MtSulphur

Postby CryHam » 21 Apr 2014, 09:12

Nice track. Original looking. Quite dark, bumpy and unpredictable. Will be in 2.3, as V10.
Hm I don't see anything wrong with impostors, could you upload a shot.
Ugh but you did use 1k terrain Hmap, for such small track, I'll half this. With also default terrain error at 1,7% which is bad.
Layers are somewhat wrong, there is a big angle gap between them, 1st layer (red) is idk why noise only (yet no noise), and thus it's there by default not from range. Also has a rather too big scale for flat I'd say 12 is better, isn't so blurry.
CryHam
SR Moderator

Re: V10-MtSulphur (in 2.3)

Postby Wuzzy » 21 Apr 2014, 10:58

Here is a screenshot for you:
sickgreen.jpg

Actually, this problem is not for this track alone, I noticed it for other tracks, too. But to a much lesser extent.

Here is a screenshot of T5-Twister:
sickgreen.jpg

(If you can’t see it immediately, open it in an image manupulation program and zoom in.)

It seems that all imposters have such a border color but most of the time it is not noticable because of bright background colors. After all, you won’t notice a green border if the ground is already green, altough the effect is technically there. But if the background is dark, you can very well notice the effect.
Attachments
sickgreen2.jpg
Wuzzy

Postby CryHam » 21 Apr 2014, 11:09

Weird. IDK yet.
OK here is v2, with fixed stuff (from my prev. post).
Attachments
V10-MtSulphur.zip
v2
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 301 times
CryHam
SR Moderator

Postby Wuzzy » 21 Apr 2014, 11:16

Thanks, CryHam. You managed to cut the file size by 4. Yeah, I really didn’t look too much on the technical this time, lol.
Wuzzy