Error message in the server lister

Error message in the server lister

Postby BioHazardX » 08 Aug 2013, 13:33

Hey guys,
there's an issue in the main Red Eclipse http://redflare.ofthings.net/ : when I click a server to see the infos, it appears an error message where says it's impossible to open the page, suggesting to install a software. Personally, I don't want to install any type of software, instead it's better to make a normal webpage. Could you fix it?

To increase a Iittle the popularity of RE, I also suggest to import a server lister in this site: http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic ; as you can see from it, some free and open-spource FPS games are already included (OpenArena, Xonotic, Urban Terror, Tremulous and Classic Nexuiz) and it's used by some players of these ones.

Last thing, someone remember the Cube Server Lister? http://cubelister.sourceforge.net/
Well, it's very outdated, but it's possible to replace the servers of the old Blood Frontier with Red Eclipse? I wonder, why this project is abandoned!?
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Re: Error message in the server lister

Postby TheLastProject » 08 Aug 2013, 15:43

You don't have to install software. If you look at the link, you'll see it's in the form of redeclipse://74.82.3.216:28801/. As you can probably guess, it's supposed to be opened with Red Eclipse. However, that needs some magic in setting up your browser. Honestly, I'm not sure how.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby BioHazardX » 08 Aug 2013, 17:04

Ok, but it's better open that page via browser, instead to run the game.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby TheLastProject » 08 Aug 2013, 19:22

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:Ok, but it's better open that page via browser, instead to run the game.

Sorry for being unclear. The idea is that clicking on a server on the server list would start Red Eclipse, joining that server. I'm not sure how you would need to set Red Eclipse up to support that, though.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby bonifarz » 08 Aug 2013, 19:37

I always thought that's just the IP and port of the corresponding host. Right, this should allow to launch a RE client that connects to that server.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=3900&p=39561&hilit=connect#p39561
hulk {l Wrote}:
riidom {l Wrote}:you can start RE from browser, the site introduces a "redeclipse://" protocol, you need to configure your browser to start RE with server IP in commandline somehow.
I've managed to make my browser start RE from the "redeclipse://" protocol, but i can't connect to an ip without starting the game first. I can't even do that by a shortcut when i add "-connect [IP]" at the end of the command line and i start RE, it doesn't connect, it just starts the game.

qreeves {l Wrote}:Try: "-xconnect [IP]"

(Note the quotes are important, as the command will have spaces.)
bonifarz