CC-BY-SA + anonymity possible?

CC-BY-SA + anonymity possible?

Postby Inogord » 21 Nov 2012, 10:50

Is it possible to creating contents by CC-BY-SA license and will be anonymous?
Inogord

Re: CC-BY-SA + anonymity possible?

Postby arand » 21 Nov 2012, 11:19

Inogord {l Wrote}:Is it possible to creating contents by CC-BY-SA license and will be anonymous?

Yes, although it is often a good idea to provide some means of contacting you as the author, it's not a necessity.
The license specifically mentions pseudonyms and that this may be the required form of attribution if that is what the author supplies.
arand

Postby Inogord » 21 Nov 2012, 12:04

thx! + karma to you and nice news for all hikki^^
Inogord

Postby Evropi » 21 Nov 2012, 15:09

The license can be declared void (as it's based on contract law) if it is found impossible to identify the rightsholder. Whatever you create for RE is unlikely to ever go to court, but still. :) In that case, I believe it is considered to be a work in the public domain, unless the rightsholder steps forward with some form of proof of course.

So the best solution is, just attribute your works to someone else whom you can trust. Quinton Reeves (qreeves/angeles), the lead developer probably won't have a problem with it.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby Inogord » 21 Nov 2012, 15:58

If I record the video as I make map or model with the date and etc, and then as I share with others, it could be evidence of authorship?
Inogord

Postby Inogord » 21 Nov 2012, 16:29

I can give (transfer) anyone the right to my work only in written form. This is a legal document. And then I'll deanonymous myself.
Inogord

Postby Evropi » 21 Nov 2012, 21:39

True, actually, I did not think of that. Under US law, however (as an example), there are no 'moral rights' like under EU law. Hence, you can just let him publish it without your credentials there if you are an American (textures have to be detailed though, unless they are completely your own works).

As for the 'date etc'... I don't think there is any metadata stored in the map files. Such metadata from the Operating System (Linux, Windows, etc) is not transported over the internet as far as I know, so it wouldn't mean you are the author.

Or you can always not use a license at all, which means it will be non-free (as in freedom). Though it won't be accepted in RE in that case, or any open source project. :)
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi