Red Eclipse 1.3.1 crash

Red Eclipse 1.3.1 crash

Postby BioHazardX » 18 Oct 2012, 18:07

I've just downloaded Red Eclipse 1.3.1 and it doesn't work: the game crashes immediately at the start up and it gives me an error in "reclient.exe" . :(

Between, I've got an old computer with Windows XP SP3 as OS but I played this game since 1.0 with no problems, this error appears since the last version. Please help me, or I'll recycle my PC :(
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Re: Red Eclipse 1.3.1 crash

Postby arand » 18 Oct 2012, 18:21

What is the error?

Could you give the info of the file log.txt located in [My] Documents\My Games\Red Eclipse\ please?
arand

Postby BioHazardX » 19 Oct 2012, 10:50

the log.txt file is empty...
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Dratz-_C » 19 Oct 2012, 12:42

BiohazardX,
I have XP SP3 and RE 1.3.1 runs fine on my computer until I try to go from full screen to windowed mode. Then it almost instantly crashes after startup. When I go back to fullscreen everything is fine again. I thought I'd put that out there in the unlikely case it would help you.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby Ulukai » 19 Oct 2012, 13:14

Make sure you have the latest video drivers, otherwise install those first.
Try removing Red Eclipse from your system and also remove (or rename the folder if you don't want to lose anything permanently) your user settings. You can find those under your profile in My Documents (and then maybe in My Games).
Reinstall RE with this installer: http://sourceforge.net/projects/redecli ... e/download
I don't know if this is all fully patched in the above mentioned installer, but it surely won't hurt to copy it over the installed files again: http://sourceforge.net/projects/redecli ... p/download Extract the content of the zip in C:\Program Files\Red Eclipse\ and overwrite all existing files.

Then try again and let us know what happens.
Ulukai

Postby half pro » 19 Oct 2012, 21:09

@BioHazardX: can you tell us on what CPU do tried to run Red Eclipse?

@Ulukai: is there a difference between redeclipse_1.3.1_win.exe and redeclipse_1.3.1_all.tar.bz2?

i downloaded redeclipse_1.3.1_all.tar.bz2.

i can't play Red Eclipse on:
half pro

Postby arand » 19 Oct 2012, 21:29

half pro {l Wrote}:@BioHazardX: can you tell us on what CPU do tried to run Red Eclipse?
This thing is more likely to be due to the graphics card than the processor, as far as I know.
What GPU are you both using?
half pro {l Wrote}:@Ulukai: is there a difference between redeclipse_1.3.1_win.exe and redeclipse_1.3.1_all.tar.bz2?
(...)
No there is not.

BioHazardX an half pro; does the "error in reclient.exe" message show any more info than this?

Does running the exe file directly from bin\reclient.exe in the install directory make any difference?

If you edit the file redeclipse.bat in the install directory from
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
set RE_OPTIONS=
to instead
set RE_OPTIONS=-glog.txt -df0
and then launch this BAT file:
What happens? Any difference?
What are the contents of [My] Documents\My Games\Red Eclipse\log.txt now?
arand

Postby half pro » 20 Oct 2012, 01:04

executing the bat instead the exe makes not difference.
adding " -df0" to the envar RE_OPTIONS (set RE_OPTIONS=-glog.txt -df0) makes also no difference exept i can see now a window from Red Eclipse.

the content of log.txt is:

loading enet..
loading game..
loading sdl..
loading video mode..
vsync is disabled
loading video misc..
loading gl..
renderer: GeForce 7800 GS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW! (NVIDIA Corporation)
driver: 2.1.2
Rendering using the OpenGL assembly/GLSL shader path.
loading sound..
loading defaults..
Fatal signal 4 (Illegal Instruction)
half pro

Postby half pro » 20 Oct 2012, 01:07

when i replace the 1.3.1 exe with the exe from the previous version (cosmic edition?) red eclipse starts but the ui is broken and i can see tons of error messages. so i suspect something is wrong with the 1.3.1 version-
half pro

Postby ZeroKnight » 20 Oct 2012, 01:13

Um...that would be because you're trying to use an older bin with data meant for a newer bin.
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby BioHazardX » 20 Oct 2012, 10:53

@BioHazardX: can you tell us on what CPU do tried to run Red Eclipse?

AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 2.16 GHZ, 1.25 GB ram with an ATI Radeon 9250 as video card.
OS is Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Make sure you have the latest video drivers, otherwise install those first.
Try removing Red Eclipse from your system and also remove (or rename the folder if you don't want to lose anything permanently) your user settings. You can find those under your profile in My Documents (and then maybe in My Games).
Reinstall RE with this installer: http://sourceforge.net/projects/redecli ... e/download
I don't know if this is all fully patched in the above mentioned installer, but it surely won't hurt to copy it over the installed files again: http://sourceforge.net/projects/redecli ... p/download Extract the content of the zip in C:\Program Files\Red Eclipse\ and overwrite all existing files.

My videocard is already updated and I tried to replace the old files with the patch, but nothing changed...

executing the bat instead the exe makes not difference.
adding " -df0" to the envar RE_OPTIONS (set RE_OPTIONS=-glog.txt -df0) makes also no difference exept i can see now a window from Red Eclipse.

Same here, and here's my log:

loading enet..
    loading game..
    loading sdl..
    loading video mode..
    vsync is disabled
    loading video misc..
    loading gl..
    renderer: RADEON 9200 Series DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE (ATI Technologies Inc.)
    driver: 1.3.1062 WinXP Release
    WARNING: No framebuffer object support. (reflective water may be slow)
    WARNING: No shader support! Using fixed-function fallback. (no fancy visuals for you)
    Rendering using the OpenGL fixed-function path.
    loading sound..
    loading defaults..
    Fatal signal 4 (Illegal Instruction)
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby sireus » 20 Oct 2012, 11:39

That CPU is probably too old. RE should still work, but you'll have to compile it yourself.
Just to make sure it's not the renderer, you could also try renaming the data/fonts folder to e.g. data/fonts2. The game will crash, but the message/console output might be different.
sireus