[Fixed] My affinities sometimes do not show

[Fixed] My affinities sometimes do not show

Postby Dratz-_C » 24 Sep 2012, 00:02

Hi folks,
Sometimes when I play online the flags or bomberball don't show. Sometimes they do. When they don't, they do not apear for the entire duration of the game. I have attached a picture of the defend-the-flag affinities not showing. I have also had this happen sometimes for capture-the-flag and bomberball. I am running Windows XP SP3, with a 1.6Ghz Atom CPU, 2GB of RAM, a GeForce 9400GS GPU with 512MB RAM and display driver version 6.14.12.8558, Direct-X 9.0c, and Red Eclipse 1.3.1 installed to a fresh folder after deleting the 1.2 folder but leaving the user folder in my documents.
InvisibleAffinities00.jpg
A blue defend-the-flag should appear directly ahead in the center of the floor, but it only shows as a directional indicator on the radar. I'll come back and post a picture or two next time I can't see capture-the-flag or bomberball affinites.
Cheers
Last edited by Dratz-_C on 27 Sep 2012, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Dratz-_C

Re: My affinities sometimes do not show

Postby qreeves » 24 Sep 2012, 00:10

Was someone on the server playing with a modified map? This can happen if they're using the SVN version.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Dratz-_C » 24 Sep 2012, 00:47

qreeves,
The picture is from the play.redeclipse.net server hosting the map, Conflict. I only know how to check the server's map version by seeing if it is unmodified. I do not know a way to check other client's map versions. Also, I didn't think it was possible for 1.3.1 users to connect to SVN servers or vice versa.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby Dratz-_C » 27 Sep 2012, 01:38

Hi folks,
I found some versions of maps that I shouldn't have had that were interfering with the packaged versions of the maps. When they were inducted into 1.3.1 I hadn't deleted the different versions of the maps in my user folder. As qreeves said, when I would play the game these mismatched maps were interfering with the display of my affinities. In sum, I just wanted to say that it was my fault and that there is not anything wrong with the new version of the game. If anyone is having this problem, doing what I did should fix it.
Cheers
Dratz-_C