Mouse issues

Mouse issues

Postby Mistletoe » 13 May 2011, 20:29

Greetings,
Did not notice any mentioning of that, so I decided to post it separately.

I have installed red eclipse 1.0 on 32bit Windows XP and noticed that mouse in menu is extremely slow. Cursor was bound to a place and it was almost impossible to move it around. However, holding any mouse button allowed to navigate around like usual.
Mouse settings are default, 30,1,1, off,off.
I turned "absolute movement" on, and jittering in the menu vanished, but problem remains during the match - camera barely moves around, speeding up to normal only when any mouse button is held down. Increasing yaw and pitch helped a bit, but you still have to struggle with camera, because movement is very discrete and happens at a random velocity, reacting higher during mouse clicks.
Panned input works as intended.

I deleted settings and reinstalled the game, but problem is still there. Mouse is working under default windows drivers, nothing special was installed.
Am I missing something important? I'm out of ideas what could cause such weird problem.
Mistletoe

Re: Mouse issues

Postby Kitsune » 15 May 2011, 18:42

do you have panned movement on? or haveyou pressed F9, it releases the mouse. try changing your sensitivity in your windows control panel. thats about all i can think of.
Kitsune

Re: Mouse issues

Postby Mistletoe » 16 May 2011, 18:29

Panned movement works just as dualshock controller except sticks on dualshock actually return to their initial position, and panned mouse doesnt.
anyways

Unfortunately, F9 doesnt seem to make any effect. Sensitivity would have worked probably, if speed didnt return to normal during holding mouse buttons. I mean, with increased sensitivity camera will get to a mach speed every time I will fire or use a scope. Maybe I should remap firing away from mouse to keyboard and tape down buttons on the mouse. Yeah, that should work.
Mistletoe