Could not connect to any server

Could not connect to any server

Postby randomquest » 26 Mar 2011, 22:14

Hello.

First of all I'd like to thank all the developers for this great game. Thank you!

Now down to the subject. I'm not able to connect to any of game servers. I can watch servers list though, but when it comes to connection, game says 'connected to server', then stucks for like a minute and goes back to main menu with message in console 'server network error, disconnecting (normal)'. Single player game works perfectly.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Firewall settings are fine, I double-checked them. I also tried running the game in XP compatibility mode with no effect. Googling and reading this forum and wiki did not help.

What could be the issue? I would be thankful for any advice.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
randomquest

Re: Could not connect to any server

Postby qreeves » 27 Mar 2011, 04:00

Funny you should bring this up, recently my partner was using her laptop when suddenly RE started exhibiting this behaviour. It took almost a day and a half for me to narrow it down to a network bottleneck. Further examination of the network showed all other devices were working fine, and it took me forever to figure out the one thing that was different about the laptop: it was the only device actually using Wireless-N. Apparently the extra wireless interference in the house became too much to sustain the 150mbps, so we went into the wireless device properties, clicked the advanced tab, and set the wireless type to 802.11g/b only.

Don't know how much this will help you, try running a speed test and showing us the results if you don't have much luck figuring it out for yourself.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby randomquest » 27 Mar 2011, 09:55

qreeves,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it didn't help much. I'm using cable network connection, no wi-fi, and the speed tests are pretty well (download 4 Mbps, upload 2 Mbps, ping 142 ms at about 5000 miles far server).
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
randomquest

Postby 3mperator » 01 Oct 2012, 19:28

Am Having the same problem, I did what you explain for the wifi router. Nothing happend. Help Pls
3mperator