Deadly New Sounds

Deadly New Sounds

Postby greaserpirate » 28 Jan 2014, 04:11

Now that I'm done with college apps, I've had the time to edit some sounds. I might add more, but these are the ones I really like:

SMG primary:
primary.ogg
(13.62 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Made in Audacity using this sound and the smg secondary.

Rifle primary & secondary:
rifle.zip
(378.65 KiB) Downloaded 313 times

Made using the existing sounds plus this sound, posted a while ago, and heavy editing.

Explosions:
explosions.zip
louder than most weapsounds, but not painfully loud
(52.44 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Made in Audacity using existing sounds and heavy editing.

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Re: Deadly New Sounds

Postby qreeves » 28 Jan 2014, 07:06

Passes license validations, what do you think, community?
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby restcoser » 28 Jan 2014, 10:14

I tested the sounds, but I'm unsure whether I like their style.
The heaviest criticism I have on the smg sound... too heavy on the ears, and I don't think it fits the RE theme at all... very much like assaultcube, or some other MMS or WW2S.
Same poorly goes for the explosion sounds it seems... Instead of the rhytmic, energetic and pulsing sound of the default explosion, the new one is just ear breakage, not only the volume is wrong, but also the sound is much more lifeless :/
The rifle sound seems better though, it feels like an energetic weapon. The only issue I have with those is that the distinction between the primary sound and the secondary is *much* smaller than default, and therefor makes finding out whats going on with your ears harder.
In this current state, I'd rather go with the default sounds and leave my precious eardrums alone.
restcoser

Postby Unnamed » 29 Jan 2014, 17:50

The smg sound does not fit to the weapon. It sounds like a heavy weapon.
I like the rifle sounds, but there is allmost no difference between the primary sounds and the secondary sound. You have to change the secondary sound I think.
I like the current explosion sounds. They don't really sound like an explosion would do, but your ones are rather boring compared to them.
Unnamed

Postby freezurbern » 29 Jan 2014, 21:24

The smg sound is more fitting for something like assault cube, not the scifi world Red Eclipse is set in.

I don't like the harshness of the rifle sounds. I think adding the higher pitched charge-up sound only would be better.

The explosions have more bulk than the defaults, but I would still rather use the existing ones. It's harder to tell what's going on with these new sounds.

I wouldn't use any of them as they are now.
Red Eclipse username: skiingpenguins
freezurbern