[MAP] Relan

Postby [RM]Temka » 29 Nov 2012, 06:06

Relan

Author : [RM]Temka

Revision : 17

Data : 28 Nov 2012

Description :
Hi guys,
For a long time I did not do map, as there was no interest, I waited until he appears, and the day has come, I rallied, and finally made ​​a good map, so there was a desire to show everyone in the forum, because I think it is worthy of attention . Map I did about 5 hours while inventing obstacles until optimized, and follow the standards adhered to the style, and then she map.

Download :
Relan.zip
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 324 times

Screenshots :
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Image    Image    Image
[RM]Temka

Re: [MAP] Relan

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 29 Nov 2012, 11:56

Good looking, simple and well playable map. But there is a lot of texture off-set based errors. I suggest you to be more patient with details. Maybe not everyone see it, but attentive people can notice it I think. And there is more things that calls for some fix/improvement. Effects on jump pad for instance, clips/noclips on the walls (you forgot it somewhere), some lightning based fixes.

And about water. I know that the map takes a partial inspiration of deadly water from the map Test Chamber, but in my opinion you can normally add common water, you could try to add some slight blue or green tint and put out the "waterfog 0" (use a bit higher number), so you can even put some details on the floor. Swimming is anyway slower than wall-running, so this obstacle is not necessary in my opinion, sadly the engine has no partial HP loss material.

So it will need probably more than only a 5 hours of editing.
Details are a nice thing, inperfection as well. ;)

(and yes, the "INperfection" is indeed intended)
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Postby wowie » 29 Nov 2012, 23:24

I like the appearance. Simple, but not so simple so as to be boring.
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby bonifarz » 30 Nov 2012, 09:45

My main interest in trial maps is gameplay and the flow in track design, and I think this is where Relan shines. I already liked your previous trial maps, and this one looks even better.
bonifarz