sunglasses
quinbeard
arrow in head
afro
blindfold
mohawk
cape
bowtie

Also, here's an example pic and a template if anyone wants to draw pretty pictures to illustrate what they want.
Attachments
template.png
template.png (45.37 KiB) Viewed 17439 times
arrow.png
arrow.png (45.51 KiB) Viewed 17439 times
Remember, don't shoot food.
favorito

Re: ITT we post ideas for vanity items

Postby Architect » 17 Feb 2013, 05:32

any way i can choose to play as the old blockhead player?
Architect

Postby favorito » 17 Feb 2013, 05:35

Architect {l Wrote}:any way i can choose to play as the old blockhead player?

I would die of laughter. Quin, do it.
favorito

Postby John_III » 17 Feb 2013, 05:39

Bulging eyeballs attachment for the visor
John_III

Postby favorito » 17 Feb 2013, 05:59

Also, the items you have equipped should fall off when you die like gibs. "Was shot so hard his mustache fell off".
favorito

Postby wowie » 17 Feb 2013, 06:13

Here's a mix of different items I thought of:

Goggles, like what one would use for skiiing, worn on top of your face.
A second style could have the goggles glow. Are glowing items possible?

Bionic scope attachment, imagine like the rifle scope built into the right half of your face.
TELESCOPIC EYE MUST GLOW IF POSSIBLE. :cool: Also have a "lefty" style so it can be worn with the bionic monocle at the same time.

Alternate face armor to make your face look like that of an onslaught grunt. Might look interesting when worn with other face items.

Spiky bits. Spiky shoulder pads, spiky head armor, spiky knee pads, elbow pads, gloves/hand armor, etc. Everything is better with spiky bits.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... OfVillainy

Armor plating with a more "heavy" and "bulky" appearance to it. It should appear worn, as though it's seen a lot of wear and tear without being replaced.

Football helmet, shoulder pads, and jersey. Jersey is team-colored if possible.

Hairstyles made out of metal: mohawk, afro, spikes, other "goofy" hairstyles.

Some items wouldn't make sense if they fell off when you died. Maybe make it a variable attached to the item,
0 for stuck to character, 1 for falls off on death. I know that a shirt flying off you on death wouldn't make too much sense... but knocking someone's socks off would be hilarious.
Last edited by wowie on 17 Feb 2013, 06:29, edited 5 times in total.
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Architect » 17 Feb 2013, 06:16

lol favo
Architect

Postby unixfreak » 17 Feb 2013, 09:51

Liberty Spikes
Lampshade hat
Rice hat
Fez

What about holiday related headgear;
Pumpkin head, Witches hat, Santa Claus hat, Bunny Ears
unixfreak

Postby TheLastProject » 17 Feb 2013, 10:35

Cat ears and a tail. That's all I could ever wish for. Perhaps furry paws as well.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby wowie » 17 Feb 2013, 12:51

Monster claws for hands.
Monster claws for feet.
Thick somewhat-inflexible tail. (If it can flex at all since IDK if animations and such can go onto cosmetic items.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Would look awesome with the (as of yet nothing but an idea) worn armor layers and/or spiked armor layers cosmetics and/or the onslaught grunt face-mask cosmetics.
Also would look comical with the (already existing) monocle and top hat cosmetics. Jekyll and Hyde, anyone?
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Sniper-Goth » 17 Feb 2013, 15:02

Bring back the Blocky and the Old player model as alternate characters to choose? :D
About the vanity items, red boots, blue shirt, cat ears, black metal pants lol... aahh theres so many options!
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth

Postby Evropi » 17 Feb 2013, 15:48

A large, floppy and pink phallic object. (possibly attached to the head, if you can't put it in as a weapon)

youtu.be/4m1rfZgY-gI

And what about a trollface (yes, that's seriously a vectorised version of the trollface. On Open Clip Art.) mask (see attachments)?

(credit to some guy I found off Google Images)
Attachments
91874a.jpg
91874b.jpg
91873a.jpg
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby wowie » 17 Feb 2013, 19:09

A trollface? Why did I not suggest this!?! :lol:
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Julius » 17 Feb 2013, 19:51

Hmm, I love the idea of having all those funny things too, but maybe we should not get overboard with them. RE is after all not a comic like game (contrary to TF2 f.e.), and having all those funny things can seriously alter the way people behave in a game, to the point where other people might decide to stop playing due to too many people goofing around instead of playing the game.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby raiden » 17 Feb 2013, 21:39

I would also pay more attention to serious things to individualize the player, for example additional armour parts or, other helmets, etc.. The funny things would be more an addition for me.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby Evropi » 18 Feb 2013, 00:46

Talking of useful items, what about a shield? Could be a real gameplay-changer. In the style of The Elder Scrolls series perhaps, to block melee attacks? Not sure if it is feasible over multiplayer though, especially given RE's sheer... speed.
Evropi

Postby quintux_v » 18 Feb 2013, 02:22

Julius {l Wrote}:Hmm, I love the idea of having all those funny things too, but maybe we should not get overboard with them. RE is after all not a comic like game (contrary to TF2 f.e.), and having all those funny things can seriously alter the way people behave in a game, to the point where other people might decide to stop playing due to too many people goofing around instead of playing the game.

raiden {l Wrote}:I would also pay more attention to serious things to individualize the player, for example additional armour parts or, other helmets, etc.. The funny things would be more an addition for me.

Agreed, for example the trollface would be cool, though it would be rather distracting after a while.

Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:Bring back the Blocky and the Old player model as alternate characters to choose?
About the vanity items, red boots, blue shirt, cat ears, black metal pants lol... aahh theres so many options!

This brings up another point: should vanity items change color in response to team colors or should they stay as they are?

wowie {l Wrote}:Armor plating with a more "heavy" and "bulky" appearance to it. It should appear worn, as though it's seen a lot of wear and tear without being replaced.

On the converse side, let's reduce the bulky armor until we have ninjas, and then improve on that until we have Kamen Rider/Power Ranger costumes. :D
[eX] member
aliases: quintux_v | blakthunder
quintux_v

Postby raiden » 18 Feb 2013, 11:02

Evropi {l Wrote}:Talking of useful items, what about a shield? Could be a real gameplay-changer. In the style of The Elder Scrolls series perhaps, to block melee attacks? Not sure if it is feasible over multiplayer though, especially given RE's sheer... speed.

This could be difficult to implement, but I like the idea. This shield could use a particle effect and could be a kind of an energy shield 1+.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden

Postby TheLastProject » 18 Feb 2013, 12:32

raiden {l Wrote}:
Evropi {l Wrote}:Talking of useful items, what about a shield? Could be a real gameplay-changer. In the style of The Elder Scrolls series perhaps, to block melee attacks? Not sure if it is feasible over multiplayer though, especially given RE's sheer... speed.

This could be difficult to implement, but I like the idea. This shield could use a particle effect and could be a kind of an energy shield 1+.

Please, guys, don't turn Red Eclipse into an RPG-like shooter. I like it the skill-based way it is. (I've heard Mek Arcade will have some more RPG elements, though not sure what that exactly means).
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby raiden » 18 Feb 2013, 16:12

TheLastproject: Don't panic, I hear you, it's only an idea, a shield could also be just an accesoir :).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden

Postby unixfreak » 18 Feb 2013, 18:34

Something that could fit the game well, different styled backpacks with different looks, eg:
Propeller backpack
Jet Engine backpack
Anti-gravity backpack
etc

Could be cool if they were to also have particle effects or animation when you are in jetpack mode games.
unixfreak

Postby wowie » 18 Feb 2013, 20:24

Could a taunt be considered a vanity item? I would so very much like to do a backflip on top of someone's corpse. It's about 9001% cooler than T-bagging.

Also... eyepatch. Normal and bionic styles... even though a bionic style eyepatch would make no sense. :P
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby FryingHigh » 20 Feb 2013, 02:10

I vote someone creates new helmets/ armour parts. Also a couple jetpacks would be welcome!
FryingHigh

Postby Evropi » 20 Feb 2013, 02:53

Can we have laurel wreathes, like Augustus or [insert important figure in Classical Antiquity here]?
Evropi

Postby quintux_v » 20 Feb 2013, 03:49

raiden {l Wrote}:it's only an idea, a shield could also be just an accesoir .

Maybe it would be held along the arm like a regular shield, or on the back, like the digimon Wargreymon.

unixfreak {l Wrote}:Propeller backpack
Jet Engine backpack
Anti-gravity backpack

So... Jetpack Joyride? :D
wowie {l Wrote}:eyepatch. Normal and bionic styles... even though a bionic style eyepatch would make no sense. :P

We already have the monocle...
[eX] member
aliases: quintux_v | blakthunder
quintux_v