PROJECT: Operation Spitshine

Re: PROJECT: Operation Spitshine

Postby greaserpirate » 09 Mar 2013, 04:16

I've updated Forge, following advice from the Tracker:

-added "paris_roof" texture to roofs (I kept them red though because it was a nice aesthetic and it went well with the rust/overall theme)
-spiced up some textures on the outside structures; mainly added bricks (they were the 'grittiest' fitting textures I could find that weren't already being used)
-replaced most windows with "luckystrike/window01"
-retexed top of bases

Here's a screenshot:
forge.png
Shot with high bloom (0.6 I believe)

forge_v1.3.zip
(4.17 MiB) Downloaded 340 times

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE:

LEGS.
SMG RELOAD ANIM.
RAPTOR CLAWS.

YES.

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby Architect » 09 Mar 2013, 16:54

wow, favo has more gaming knowledge and experience than pretty much most of you,
his maps are legendary, and yet you pick them apart like he's just some noob, until someone
makes something to even come close to comparing to panic then i suggest you be more fucking
respectful, seriously
Architect

Postby Evropi » 09 Mar 2013, 17:13

Architect {l Wrote}:wow, favo has more gaming knowledge and experience than pretty much most of you,
his maps are legendary, and yet you pick them apart like he's just some noob, until someone
makes something to even come close to comparing to panic then i suggest you be more fucking
respectful, seriously

What? This is not a conspiracy against favorito. Besides, the guy is okay with it. The fact they are kept in the game instead of outright discarded, for instance, and improved by others, if anything, is a sign of great respect.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby ballist1c » 09 Mar 2013, 17:56

Architect {l Wrote}:wow, favo has more gaming knowledge and experience than pretty much most of you,
respectful, seriously

We be more respectful? You watch your language. Greaserpirate said nothing disrespectful about favorito or the maps; he is just updating them visually, since now we have textures he didn't have access to.
In my experience, favo is a really nice guy. If he hasnt seen these already it would be no problem to show them to him instead of mouthing off at us, the ones doing the work.
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby Architect » 09 Mar 2013, 18:37

Architect

Postby favorito » 09 Mar 2013, 18:38

Let's not get mad at Arch -- he's a good friend and has been a valuable member of the community since the early Blood Frontier days. He's also always got good intentions, so let's not worry about it any further.

Regarding my maps, I do appreciate that people like them enough to want to improve them. Quin has also been cooperative and understanding with regards to keeping them in their original spirit. If I've done any complaining it may have been in haste. Let me know when you're finished and I'll take a look at Nova.

And a note -- Quin, it's ultimately at your discretion. If you see a map remake that you approve of, commit it to the repository.

Thanks for the work, and to Arch for the support.

-favo
Remember, don't shoot food.
favorito

Postby qreeves » 10 Mar 2013, 13:08

UPDATE 2013-03-10: I have marked a few items off the original list, as we have either gotten them done, or they are no longer relevant.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby greaserpirate » 12 Mar 2013, 01:46

I can understand why Favorito might want to work on his maps by himself, but I'm a bit confused why he changed his mind so suddenly, and it was a shock to learn after I'd made some additions to Nova I was proud of. I was under the impression that he'd given permission for all the maps on the list beforehand. Was that not the case?

I know he's justified in making his decision, but I'm still a bit confused.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby qreeves » 13 Mar 2013, 02:25

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:I can understand why Favorito might want to work on his maps by himself, but I'm a bit confused why he changed his mind so suddenly, and it was a shock to learn after I'd made some additions to Nova I was proud of. I was under the impression that he'd given permission for all the maps on the list beforehand. Was that not the case?

I know he's justified in making his decision, but I'm still a bit confused.

No, he wasn't given an option due to the fact he hasn't been around lately. All content in RE is licensed the way it is to allow us to make upgrades to the content whether the original author is around to do it or not (and well after the author has disappeared from the community, which is always a problem in general); this means that if an author is not around to answer for their work, I will make decisions for the good of the project without consulting them. If it turns out, however, that they have just been inactive for a while, I think they should be given the opportunity to do it themselves when they ask.

I understand that some of you may have put some work into these remix projects already, but for many people a submission is their portfolio (I know for a fact that Jojo uses it in his). I am well aware people don't just contribute for the heck of it, they get something out of it; enjoyment, fame, recognition, constructive time-wasting. I really do have nothing to offer than my sincerest apologies, and a suggestion that you look at finding another way to contribute (as there is still plenty to be done).
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby greaserpirate » 13 Mar 2013, 04:03

Understood, thanks for the explanation.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby Ulukai » 13 Mar 2013, 09:52

Well said. I do feel sorry for Greaserpirate because we all know how time-consuming this can be but I understand the general point of view.
Ulukai

Postby ballist1c » 13 Mar 2013, 14:37

I'm tackling longestyard.

ballist1c

Postby greaserpirate » 19 Mar 2013, 01:13

So is there a release date?

I'd like to get Forge finished up, but Luckystrike hasn't responded, and the ticket is still open. (If time is of the issue I suppose you could have someone add it, but I'd like to get Luckystrike's full feedback first so I don't have to wait for a whole new release to add something I missed).

Also I know Ballistic is doing longestyard, and I know he's got the layout done.
Last edited by greaserpirate on 19 Mar 2013, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby ballist1c » 19 Mar 2013, 01:15

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:So is there a release date?

LOL

ballist1c

Postby Ulukai » 19 Mar 2013, 09:40

Greaserpirate,

Hopes are up for a release date tomorrow 20/03. There is a WIP version of Forge in SVN right now, with the modifications you made. Maybe Lucky will still continue working on it, I suppose he will do the final touches. If you really want to know, I suggest you drop in at the IRC channel and talk to Lucky (also known as Remina on IRC) to get more clarity.
Ulukai

Postby qreeves » 30 Mar 2013, 06:25

UPDATE 2013-03-30: Marked off more items, we have gotten a lot done for 1.4! Thank you to everyone who contributed. *unsticky*
qreeves

Postby Dratz-_C » 30 Mar 2013, 18:37

ballist1c, others,
I did a simple copy/up-gridsize/paste of "Longest Yard." Would this double scale be too big? If it is an acceptable size, and Ballist1c has not started on it, he or anyone can have my progress. It is really just a test without retexturing, but I have adjusted all of the pushers to function. Please let me know your thoughts on the matter. It is possible that I could continue editing the map if no-one else will do it.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby ballist1c » 30 Mar 2013, 18:57

Actually Dratz,
I have made considerable progress on the longestyard remake. This is an old screenshot; all the pushers work, spawns are set and everything. Really only needs texturing, which i am starting on :)

screenshot.0026.png

ballist1c

Postby Dratz-_C » 30 Mar 2013, 19:25

ballist1c,
I am glad you are having success on your "LongestYard" size adaptation project. Thank you for posting about it.
Cheers
Dratz-_C