Community map pack???

Re: Community map pack[Read entire thread, Submit your own m

Postby Four30Six » 11 May 2012, 16:37

You can actually use TortoiseSVN to checkout from github. I used it to download Tesseract and it worked fine. I tried TortoiseGit, and it worked as well, but I still preferred TortoiseSVN in the end. You can copy the https github link and place that link into the checkout URL tab in TortSVN and it will check it out and update just like a normal SVN. Food for thought :) also, I am very excited to get the github finalized, don't get my wrong. I just moved and I'm still setting everything back up. No worries :) would love to work with you on this though because I'm very new to the game. You know more about stuff than I do lol

-fts
Four30Six

Postby wowie » 11 May 2012, 17:51

It works with tortoisesvn? Nice. I might know more about the game than you (for now) but there are plenty of people here who know much, much, more than I do, and, you have more useful out-of-game knowledge (computer hardware, svn tools, etc.) than me anyway. That goes to show that groups are stronger than individuals both in a physical and intellectual sense, because strengths can be more easily exploited, and weaknesses can be more easily covered. =)

every1 here knows more about this stuff than I do lol
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Four30Six » 12 May 2012, 19:25

Here is the link to the repository:

https://github.com/Four30Six/REMP

If you have TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html) installed, here is how you install it on Windows:

1. Select the link above, right click, and click "Copy"

2. Create a new folder on your desktop, name it something simple like "REMP" ;)

3. Open this empty folder

4. Press the Alt key on your keyboard, and notice the bar that appears along the top of the window

5. Click "File" and navigate to "SVN Checkout"

6. Notice the link that you copied above is found in the "URL of Repository:" line
6a. If it is not there, copy the link --> https://github.com/Four30Six/REMP <-- and paste it into that line

7. Click "Ok" on the Checkout window and the files will begin to download.

8. Once the files download, open the "trunk" folder

9. Here you will find the "maps" folder

10. Copy this folder, and move it to the (Documents/My Games/Red Eclipse) folder.

11. Let me know if you have any questions!

good luck!
-fts

PS: Please submit your maps to gitremp@gmail.com along with your licenses and I will add them to the repository.

(Let me know how this tutorial works for you, will add a linux version soon.)
Four30Six

Postby wowie » 14 May 2012, 18:30

I'm going to start working on a draft for a more organized first post later sometime. To those of you who read this and have stuff you want show off: Submit your maps!
We are no longer actively searching for maps, so the only way this will continue to grow is by getting submissions from the community, just like any other community-driven project.

@four30six: That .txt file table further up this thread, add the maps from it to the remp when you're bored sometime, the maps section looks a little empty at the moment. :)
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Four30Six » 15 May 2012, 02:49

Sounds great! I have gotten some email submissions since I posted that and I guess I can start adding maps unsolicited. As long as they have licenses I can add them with no kind of backlash. Lol

-fts
Four30Six

Postby wowie » 17 May 2012, 04:37

The REMP hasn't been updated to a full map repository yet. Are you still there?
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Four30Six » 17 May 2012, 05:32

Hey wowie,

I actually moved home for the summer and just got my system set up a few hours ago. I uploaded three maps from h1qt today under the time trial category. I will start working on adding more, although I'd prefer if they sent them to gitremp@gmail.com. I figure if they don't want them there they can tell me, though. Try doing an update and make sure you get the new maps. It worked for me.

-fts
Four30Six

Postby wowie » 22 May 2012, 21:50

Okay last time I checked there was 7 maps in this pack now. All of you: feel free to submit your maps! Four30six: Add the submitted maps! :)
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Four30Six » 23 May 2012, 03:04

Yeah, I can unfortunately only add maps with licenses included. Some guys on that list included the licenses, so I added them. Several did not however, so I had to remove them after discussing things with qreeves. I removed almost 15 maps because of that problem. Very unfortunate. Quinn and I both agreed that it could cause problems to upload maps unsolicited without the licensing of the map per-supplied.

-fts
Four30Six

Postby wowie » 23 May 2012, 04:31

It appears as though you have started a new thread, and also completely taken over ownership of this map pack thing. I'm 100% okay with that, since it looks like you've got it running smoothly by yourself. Just one thing left to do... let this thread die. Can we get a threadlock on this?
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Four30Six » 23 May 2012, 06:36

I just posted that new thread so the info wouldnt be so buried and scattered throughout the pages of this thread. I'm not taking ownership at all, I'm just the only one with access to it right now unless you would like to moderate it as well. That would be great actually, I didn't want to force any responsibility on anyone though. Hit me up on PM and I'll get you setup on the repo. It's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. :)

Talk to you soon and sorry for any misunderstanding!

-fts
Four30Six

Postby wowie » 23 May 2012, 15:01

understood. :) I'm busier than I usually am right now so this isn't exactly at the top of my priorities list. As for getting permission to add to the REMP I'll maybe try that when I'm a little less busy.
Like, up to a week from now. I'm surprised I found time to start building Platform, really. :D So... this thread needs to die now. all it's doing is adding clutter to the front page. :lol:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
do not reply to this post unless you feel it absolutely necessary. Let this thread die now.
I lost the game.
wowie