PROJECT: Red Eclipse Documentation

Have you contributed?

Yep, you bet! (Post who you are, so your name may be added to the first post, for glorious recognition!)
34%
Nope, no way. Too lazy.
37%
Not yet, but I plan on it!
29%

Total votes : 35

Re: PROJECT: Red Eclipse Documentation

Postby Sinma » 27 Dec 2012, 17:32

Hi!

I've done the French page of the wiki: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ ... 8French%29. The thing I noticed when translating, is some useful informations are absent, this force me to make "Reverse Engineering" on Red Eclipse.

I obtain the following informations: the points the player obtain after doing something.

All the modes:
– kill: 3
– firstblood: +1
– headshot: +1
– dominating: +1
– revenge: +1
– if enemy hold flag: +3
– kill helped by you: 1
– suicide (with weapon): -3
– suicide (with K key): -1

capture-the-flag:
– drop enemy's flag on your own flag: 5
– take your flag after an enemy drop it: 5
– take enemy's flag: 3

Defend-the-flag:
– secure a flag: 1

It seems Carnage don't give points but I don't know about Slaughter. And I don't know about Critical but it's about chance so it mustn't give points.

I will add this informations to the wiki, may I create a new page? Or add it to an existing page?

EDIT: I add this informations to the French page.
Sinma

Postby arand » 27 Dec 2012, 18:15

Nice work with the translations!
(It seems that sourceforge doesn't have the proper extension for multi-language pages yet, but as it is now it still works nicely.)

I think the scoring info might fit in a separate page, the game info is not very structured at the moment, so feel free to create structure yourself ;)

A quick grep yeilds some hints with regards to points it seems:

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
grep -I -r GVAR.*points src
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, capturepoints, 0, 5, VAR_MAX); // points added to score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, capturepickuppoints, 0, 3, VAR_MAX); // points added to score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, defendpoints, 0, 1, VAR_MAX); // points added to score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, defendoccupy, 1, 100, VAR_MAX); // points needed to occupy in regular games
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, defendking, 1, 25, VAR_MAX); // points needed to occupy in king of the hill
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, bomberpoints, 0, 5, VAR_MAX); // points added to score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, bomberpenalty, 0, 5, VAR_MAX); // points taken from score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, bomberpickuppoints, 0, 3, VAR_MAX); // points added to score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, bomberholdpoints, 0, 1, VAR_MAX); // points added to score
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, firstbloodpoints, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, headshotpoints, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, multikillpoints, 0, 1, 1);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, spreepoints, 0, 1, 1);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, dominatepoints, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, revengepoints, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);

grep -I -r GVAR.*bonus src
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, fragbonus, 0, 3, VAR_MAX);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, enemybonus, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, multikillbonus, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);
src/game/vars.h:GVAR(0, spreebonus, 0, 1, VAR_MAX);

One would have to dig even more into the source to get all the info, but it at least confirms many of your points and gives that killing spree (same as carnage, as I've understood it), does give extra points, for example.
arand

Postby Sinma » 27 Dec 2012, 18:24

Thank you very much, French page corrected, don't want to do the English page now but I'll probably do it later today, tomorrow or in 2 days.

For bomber mode, I'll also check that later.
Sinma

Postby Calinou » 01 Jan 2013, 17:01

Sinma {l Wrote}:Hi!

I've done the French page of the wiki: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ ... 8French%29. The thing I noticed when translating, is some useful informations are absent, this force me to make "Reverse Engineering" on Red Eclipse.

You could've read the source code... thus you could do it without "reverse engineering". :)
Calinou

Postby restcoser » 29 Jan 2013, 21:19

I'd like to get into the wiki, have experience in wiki editing, template handeling and adminstration, as well as having a fair knowledge about redeclipse and the cube 2 engine in general, especially for scripting and mapping features.
My sourceforge name is restcoser as well.
restcoser

Postby ballist1c » 29 Jan 2013, 21:22

restcoser {l Wrote}:I'd like to get into the wiki, have experience in wiki editing, template handeling and adminstration, as well as having a fair knowledge about redeclipse and the cube 2 engine in general, especially for scripting and mapping features.

Maybe you could do the Scripting pages that we are lacking; try IRC, see if arand is available to give you acess
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby arand » 29 Jan 2013, 22:07

restcoser {l Wrote}:I'd like to get into the wiki, have experience in wiki editing, template handeling and adminstration, as well as having a fair knowledge about redeclipse and the cube 2 engine in general, especially for scripting and mapping features.

You've got access now, happy editing ;) Mind that there's a new release upcoming, so grab information from the latest if possible.
arand

Postby arand » 27 Apr 2013, 09:04

I've done a major update to the variable tables on the wiki, the result being available at http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Vars_and_Commands_Tables
These pages should now cover ALL variables/commands/aliases that currently exist in 1.4, with corresponding information. Previously the wiki only included entries which had an entry in usage.cfg, so this is a huge extension.

It is based on the preliminary(?) implementation of the writevarsinfo command and accompanying makefile and script changes, which is available as a patchset at http://redeclipse.net/ticket/268 but not yet merged into SVN, it's also available in the writevarsinfo branch of the Git repository: http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Obtain_devel ... ersion#Git if you prefer.
writevarsinfo simply writes all the available information about variables, commands and aliases into a tab-separated file, like so:
// List of vars properties, fields are separated by tabs; empty if nonexistent
// Fields: NAME TYPE FLAGS ARGS VALTYPE VALUE MIN MAX DESC USAGE
!   3   16   "t"               "returns the logical not of <condition>"   "<condition>"
!=   3   16   "ii"               "returns true when <int1> is not equal to <int2>"   "<int1> <int2>"
!=f   3   16   "ff"               "returns true when <float1> is not equal to <float2>"   "<float1> <float2>"
!=s   3   16   "ss"               "returns true when <string1> is not equal to <string2> on the ascii table"   "<string1> <string2>"
&   3   16   "ii"               "returns the bit-wise AND of <int1> and <int2>"   "<int1> <int2>"
&&   3   16   "e1V"               "returns the logical and of all given conditions"   "<condition...>"
&~   3   16   "ii"               "returns the bit-wise NOT of the bit-wise AND of <int1> and <int2>"   "<int1> <int2>"
*   3   16   "V"               "returns all arguments multiplied together as integers"   "<int...>"
(...)
checkmaps   3   16   ""               "reports if clients are using a modified map"   ""
circlebarblend   1   17         0.75   0.0   1.0   ""   ""
circlebarsize   1   17         0.04   0.0   1000.0   ""   ""
circlebartex   2   8241         "textures/hud/circlebar"         ""   ""
circlebartype   0   17         7   0   7   ""   ""
clampsky   0   16         1   0   1   ""   ""
classic   4   16      3   " start $arg1 $modeidxdeathmatch (+ $mutsbitclassic $arg2) "         "requests a map change to classic deathmatch on a given map;^n[<muts>] optionally adds extra mutators according to a bitwise mutator values,^nconveniently set using a sum of $mutsbit* vars,^nexample: classic bath (+ $mutsbitinstagib $mutsbitduel)"   "<map> [<muts>]"
(...)

From this gigantic 5700+ lines file, subsections are then split off using different make targets e.g.
make ../doc/varsinfo-weapon-pistol.txt

and then converted to mediawiki table syntax using src/scripts/wiki-convert
via
make ../doc/wiki-weapon-pistol.txt

All wiki pages have convenience targets which can be called via e.g.
make wiki-weapons
(creates all weapon pages), and there is also a
make wiki-all
target to generate everything.
arand

Postby bonifarz » 27 Apr 2013, 09:37

arand {l Wrote}:I've done a major update to the variable tables on the wiki, the result being available at http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Vars_and_Commands_Tables
These pages should now cover ALL variables/commands/aliases that currently exist in 1.4, with corresponding information.

Looks great, arand. A detailed documentation in the wiki is very useful, and having that fully automatized is a great advantage.
bonifarz

Postby arand » 27 Apr 2013, 09:59

Just to clarify though, when I say "cover all" I do not mean in terms of all entries having usage/descriptions (from usage.cfg), there's still a long long way to go there, but for those entries without that info the values (if they exist) of {NAME TYPE FLAGS ARGS VALTYPE VALUE MIN MAX} are still provided, so you can at least get a hint of what it might be about.

All entries which does not have a description is marked as #undocumented#; note though that descriptions added in SVN after 1.4 are not included, since that's an extra step of manual merging which i have not done yet, hence there is a small discrepancy.
arand

Postby Jamestonjes » 07 May 2013, 15:19

For a second thought you meant an instruction manual... you got my hopes up, i thought there was going to be a retail version including all previous versions and gives you a special user account badge type thing (OK I didn't think that but I'd so get it XD)
In game name: MaxPayne >DOOM<
maps: Nameless,Pillars of Doom(incomplete)
Jamestonjes

Postby TheLastProject » 07 May 2013, 15:39

Jamestonjes {l Wrote}:For a second thought you meant an instruction manual... you got my hopes up, i thought there was going to be a retail version including all previous versions and gives you a special user account badge type thing (OK I didn't think that but I'd so get it XD)

You can still download the old versions of Red Eclipse from Sourceforge. And a special user account badge thing, well, you can get the "donator" (or was it supporter?) badge in-game by donating to the Red Eclipse project when it's above a certain threshold. Quin decides what that number is. If you want to know, just ask, I'll point him to the question in case he doesn't find it by himself already.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby Jamestonjes » 08 May 2013, 14:14

Thank you now I can play all the pre1.3 versions XD I want to donate but I'm in school and dont have a bank account or PayPal account or any account but I will do it I just don't know when

oh and I also don't have any money now I will probably sell some of the Xbox games to do it because I've really wanted to contribute until then I'll be trying to make maps (i tried a halo 2 map remake before deleting most of it by changing the grid size the wrong way) feeling guilty (I did know about the donating before just not about the previous versions)
In game name: MaxPayne >DOOM<
maps: Nameless,Pillars of Doom(incomplete)
Jamestonjes

Postby killall-9 » 21 Jul 2013, 12:03

I've made Russian RE wiki and translated several pages :) . Please help, russian players! Wiki is here.
killall-9
killall-9

Postby Sinma » 25 Jul 2013, 18:13

killall-9 {l Wrote}:I've made Russian RE wiki and translated several pages :) . Please help, russian players! Wiki is here.

Great! But you can’t find it when you go on the official wiki. Maybe you can put the russian content into the official RE wiki or put a link on it.
Sinma

Postby killall-9 » 26 Jul 2013, 06:41

Sinma {l Wrote}:Great! But you can’t find it when you go on the official wiki. Maybe you can put the russian content into the official RE wiki or put a link on it.

OK, Please, give me rights to post on the official wiki and i'll add it. Also, I've added the link to the official wiki on my site. :)
killall-9
killall-9

Postby Sinma » 26 Jul 2013, 09:49

I'm not an admin. I think the best thing to do is to ask on IRC.
Sinma

Postby Evropi » 26 Jul 2013, 14:43

I didn't post about it in here, but I'm the person who recently did pretty much all of the Official Maps page, and (nearly) every single page to specific maps that it links to.

This process was for the most part, going from map to map and using /endfind weapon x for 10 weapons, meticulously counting them one-by-one and writing the value in the wiki. I also had to fill in the top box every time.

Can I have my name in the first post please? :D
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby ZeroKnight » 01 Aug 2013, 04:34

Sorry for not keeping up on the front page. I've not been active in the community as of late. Though I've had the sudden urge to try messing with the source again :D

I'll clean up the front page again. Thanks for all your help guys :)
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby ballist1c » 02 Aug 2013, 07:03

i'm the guy who added in most of the pictures for the Official Maps page, as well as over 10 pages I did on my own without Evropi
And I write all those catchy "reviews" for them ^^
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby Ulukai » 02 Aug 2013, 07:35

Nice jobs on the maps page guys. Is it possible that I haven't seen gauntlet anywhere on the recommended gamemodes for maps? Some maps like Linear and Battlefield (just to name a few) play quite well with it, and if you're on a full server Canals makes for a good Gauntlet map as well although it can be challenging.
Ulukai

Postby ZeroKnight » 02 Aug 2013, 08:44

ballist1c {l Wrote}:i'm the guy who added in most of the pictures for the Official Maps page, as well as over 10 pages I did on my own without Evropi
And I write all those catchy "reviews" for them ^^

Added :) Your help is appreciated!
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby arand » 04 Aug 2013, 12:39

killall-9 {l Wrote}:
Sinma {l Wrote}:Great! But you can’t find it when you go on the official wiki. Maybe you can put the russian content into the official RE wiki or put a link on it.

OK, Please, give me rights to post on the official wiki and i'll add it. Also, I've added the link to the official wiki on my site. :)

What is your SourceForge username?
arand

Postby bonifarz » 08 Sep 2013, 15:53

Can someone add me (bonifarz) to the editors user group? I would like to contribute a page about the impulse moves, a configuration example for a trial server and possibly some German translations.
bonifarz

Postby qreeves » 08 Sep 2013, 16:20

bonifarz {l Wrote}:Can someone add me (bonifarz) to the editors user group? I would like to contribute a page about the impulse moves, a configuration example for a trial server and possibly some German translations.

Done.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves