PROJECT: Red Eclipse Documentation

Have you contributed?

Yep, you bet! (Post who you are, so your name may be added to the first post, for glorious recognition!)
34%
Nope, no way. Too lazy.
37%
Not yet, but I plan on it!
29%

Total votes : 35

Re: PROJECT: Red Eclipse Documentation

Postby bonifarz » 08 Sep 2013, 21:43

qreeves {l Wrote}:Done.
Thanks, Quin.
bonifarz {l Wrote}:a configuration example for a trial server
Done.
bonifarz

Postby bonifarz » 10 Sep 2013, 12:15

I have just written a detailed guide to the impulse moves. I am hesitant to link this on the front page or any other article, as it should definitely be approved first ;)
bonifarz

Postby arand » 10 Sep 2013, 14:08

bonifarz {l Wrote}:I have just written a detailed guide to the impulse moves. I am hesitant to link this on the front page or any other article, as it should definitely be approved first ;)

In general, as long as it's not spam or so, link as you wish, we need more stuff in the wiki, regardless if it's super-quality or not.

I did a small update of the power slide section to add more alternatives and info, hope its fits ok?
arand

Postby bonifarz » 10 Sep 2013, 15:30

arand {l Wrote}:link as you wish, we need more stuff in the wiki, regardless if it's super-quality or not
Right, and new stuff easily gets unnoticed when not linked on the front page. So I added links to this one and the article about the scoring system, which I find very useful - hope that is fine.
arand {l Wrote}:I did a small update of the power slide section to add more alternatives and info, hope its fits ok?
Perfect, thanks. it is always good to learn new things. Also, I just added some section links (with some trial and error :lol:).
bonifarz

Postby radiant » 01 Oct 2013, 23:47

I did a survey of the regularly-connected servers, and made a page of the results, complete with summary of the major variable changes, so that players might have an idea what they're getting into online.
radiant

Postby bonifarz » 03 Oct 2013, 10:32

radiant {l Wrote}:I did a survey of the regularly-connected servers, and made a page of the results

Looks nice and useful to me.
bonifarz

Postby asibs121 » 30 Jan 2014, 22:39

I'm not entirely sure if there is one, but maybe someone (or myself if needed) should make a page for useful commands on mapmaking. At the moment, I'm not the best with commands, and could use a little help, but I am learning very quickly. Some of the commands could include things like what you would find in the config of the map. Well, this is just one of my thoughts on the Wiki for Red Eclipse.
asibs121

Postby Evropi » 30 Jan 2014, 23:11

asibs121 {l Wrote}:I'm not entirely sure if there is one, but maybe someone (or myself if needed) should make a page for useful commands on mapmaking. At the moment, I'm not the best with commands, and could use a little help, but I am learning very quickly. Some of the commands could include things like what you would find in the config of the map. Well, this is just one of my thoughts on the Wiki for Red Eclipse.

Hmm, could you expand on that? The Editing controls article is part of the way there, what kind of things are you looking for to be added to it?
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby asibs121 » 31 Jan 2014, 04:10

Evropi {l Wrote}:
asibs121 {l Wrote}:I'm not entirely sure if there is one, but maybe someone (or myself if needed) should make a page for useful commands on mapmaking. At the moment, I'm not the best with commands, and could use a little help, but I am learning very quickly. Some of the commands could include things like what you would find in the config of the map. Well, this is just one of my thoughts on the Wiki for Red Eclipse.

Hmm, could you expand on that? The Editing controls article is part of the way there, what kind of things are you looking for to be added to it?

I was thinking some commands like for example, "/numplayers #" and "/maxplayers #" etc. We could also just add some of these onto the mapmaking tips page too.
asibs121