Re: CONTEST: Create a trailer

Postby Ulukai » 12 Apr 2013, 17:05

Another zip with 1.4 screenshots: http://www.mediafire.com/?68yii91d18vksmj
8x AA, bloom and no botnames, all PNG
Ulukai

Postby LuckyStrike-Rx » 15 Apr 2013, 12:04

qreeves {l Wrote}:
Ulukai {l Wrote}:I believe it was John_III who made the whole thing, so all credits go to him. Personally I think he did an excellent job! Please correct me if I'm forgetting someone.

How about credits to me for directing him! :P

I co-directed it. Aslo titles :)

Jk. GJ john_III. Thanks alot. Also screenshots are great.
LuckyStrike-Rx

Postby Evropi » 15 Apr 2013, 14:56

Ulukai {l Wrote}:Another zip with 1.4 screenshots: http://www.mediafire.com/?68yii91d18vksmj
8x AA, bloom and no botnames, all PNG

Great screenshots (I see they're up on the main RE site!), but please use a lossless image compressor like Trimage or optipng+pngcrush next time. ;)
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby Ulukai » 16 Apr 2013, 07:07

Glad you like the screenshots, good to see them on the RE site because they hadn't been changed in a long time. That's why I propsed it to Quin. Funny though that all the screenshots are used. They were put in random order (because I started deleting the bad ones when I wasn't done yet with all the maps, so the maps are a bit mixed up) and some of them are a bit look-alike because I thought Quin would make a selection ^^

Sorry about the filesize, for me bandwidth / upload speed isn't a problem and I'm not very familiar with image formatting so I just uploaded the originals for best quality. Next time I will try to check out the suggestions you made.
Ulukai

Postby raiden » 16 Apr 2013, 07:26

Nevertheless great shots! They could make people hungry to see everything from inside of the game, which is the best :).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby Calinou » 16 Apr 2013, 10:01

Evropi {l Wrote}:Great screenshots (I see they're up on the main RE site!), but please use a lossless image compressor like Trimage or optipng+pngcrush next time. ;)

You would save less than 2% of space since you cannot convert these images to a 256 color palette (the only games where you can do this are Minecraft/Minetest without smooth lighting, pretty much).
Calinou

Postby Dratz-_C » 16 Apr 2013, 21:58

Ulukai,
I like the new screenshots and am happy to see them on the main page.
Calinou,
I have saved 29% file size by losslessly compressing a 1680x1050 24-bit uncompressed png screen shot of Red Eclipse. In my experience, it has always been many multiple times over less than 2% file-size reduction.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby Evropi » 16 Apr 2013, 23:13

Ulukai, I specifically suggested Trimage for this as it's a dead-easy GUI app where you just dump in your pictures and it does its magic. No need to know about digital image compression theory, hehehe. Seriously an awesome program and even if you do know all about that stuff, having to combine all those command line applications together (they do different operations... but the details are not very interesting) with some weird flags that have obscure and difficult to understand functions... is not the most elegant way to do it. Here, you just drag 'n' drop and you're done. And hey, you can't beat the price. :P It's a little outdated, but anyone who works with JPEG and PNG files should have a copy of Trimage installed.

I usually get smaller filesizes in the range of 20-30%, Calinou. As you add more pictures, that starts to become significant. This is on images with thousands of colours.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi