Saying Hi and questions for the dev team

Saying Hi and questions for the dev team

Postby dev1462 » 17 Mar 2011, 18:00

I'm ever so curious to know about the creators of these games. Are you guys an indie group? What language(s) did you write something like Red Eclipse in? I use Java and the LWJGL for my games, I'm just curious because these things fascinate me, thank you for your time :)
dev1462

Re: Saying Hi and questions for the dev team

Postby qubodup » 18 Mar 2011, 00:05

Hey dev1462,

Red Eclipse is a fork of Sauerbraten, which is written in C/C++ [code analysis here].

I think your two first questions are about all the projects here? It's a forum for open source game developers and players. The project forums are here so the game developers don't have to admin/manage hosting. .. The community started with the Free Gamer blog, which then got a forum as an addition and then the blog got more authors and now we're here somehow. :D

If any of your games are open source, you should introduce them in Project Showcase & Collaboration by the way! :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby LedInfrared » 18 Mar 2011, 02:45

qubodup:

CubeCreate uses Lua, not Red Eclipse.
LedInfrared

Postby Julius » 18 Mar 2011, 05:35

qubodup {l Wrote}:RE has Lua scripting support

Are you sure about that? I think you are mixing that up with the other Cube2 fork, CubeCreate.
If it was the case that would be sure great!

I have another question though... it's great that the media is released under the CC-by-SA, but do they also release the source files, like the .blend file for the playermodel (if it was done with Blender).
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby qreeves » 18 Mar 2011, 07:41

Julius {l Wrote}:.. do they also release the source files, like the .blend file for the playermodel (if it was done with Blender).

Yep. "data/models/actors/player/RE_player.blend"
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves