tip for reaching the top in yeti revenge

tip for reaching the top in yeti revenge

Postby audreyevgeny » 24 Jul 2014, 23:51

hello

I was finding this add-on was fun, but then I came on this ridiculous hard level and I just can't do it, I always fall at the exact same place. always, after the second check point, there a bunch of moving plateform I can't jump on the second, but never the third,

I stopped trying and gave up after my 300 th attempt
audreyevgeny

Re: tip for reaching the top in yeti revenge

Postby LMH » 25 Jul 2014, 04:10

Honestly, I'd skip the level by changing the savegame file: /supertux2/profile1/yetis_revenge.stsg
Use any text editor (with SuperTux not open) to search for the level "Reaching the Top" and change the following "(solved #f)" to "(solved #t)".

Beating this level really comes down to playing long enough that the timings are ingrained into your brain. Unfortunately many of the frequecies of platform motion are only slighty different making it a real pain to get a good feel for things. I skipped the level the first time through. Eventually I went back and finished it, but it's honestly not very rewarding considering the effort. I try to move as fast as possible in the same manner so that I get the same situation everytime, and eventually you can get through. Wish I knew a better way.
LMH

Postby re342 » 22 Aug 2014, 13:35

I think, that you mean this place...

You can jump from the first to the second block, if the first is on the left and the second is on the right.

For the very difficult jump from the second to the third block, the second block have to be on the right!!! Then, you can run and jump. While you are jumping, the third block moves to the right site. If you jump while the second block ist on the left, it is too late for reaching the third moving block.

I hope, I could help you.

re342
re342

Postby re342 » 31 Aug 2014, 18:01

Anyone of the 'yeti's revenge' players know, how to get the fish box in the level 'freeze'n flee'? I except it in the second secret area, but there is not a trigger to transform the ice to water. So, I don't sea the whole secret area.
re342