Level Editor

Level Editor

Postby re342 » 22 Aug 2014, 12:48

Hi,

I have the level editor 0.3 on Windows 7 and now I know, how to make levels. But I have some questions :

1.) secret areas
Marking secret areas is not very difficult. But how can I make hidden secret areas (you don´t see the area before finding it)?

2. secret blocks
In many levels are secret blocks, which don´t appear until Tux jumps under them and make them visible. How can I make them with the level editor?

3. Worldmaps
How can I make a worldmap and put some levels in it?

4. triggers
How can I make blocks, which move if Tux presses a button ore unlock a trigger?

5. levels
How can I put finished levels into my Super Tux Game? I only can play them in the editor.

I hope, that you can help me.

re342
re342

Re: Level Editor

Postby ctdabomb » 22 Aug 2014, 22:57

Hello! welcome!
re342 {l Wrote}:Marking secret areas is not very difficult. But how can I make hidden secret areas (you don´t see the area before finding it)?
Make a new layer that you want to cover the secret area, add that layer's name to the FadeTilemap box.
In many levels are secret blocks, which don´t appear until Tux jumps under them and make them visible. How can I make them with the level editor?

You can find them under the Block section of tiles. It has the tile id 112.
How can I make a worldmap and put some levels in it?

The easiest way to do that is to open an existing worldmap, resave it as a different file, and edit it to make your new map.
How can I make blocks, which move if Tux presses a button ore unlock a trigger?

That will require some scripting: http://supertux.lethargik.org/wiki/Scripting There are a couple of other pages about it on the wiki I think.
How can I put finished levels into my Super Tux Game? I only can play them in the editor.

Take a look at how other levelsets do it, with a folder containing the levels, a worldmap and an .info file. Addons are done a bit differently. This wiki page explains it somewhat: http://supertux.lethargik.org/wiki/CreatingMods
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby re342 » 25 Aug 2014, 07:02

Thanks for your help. The secret areas and blocks as soon as the worldmap are working. For scripting and integrating my levels in the game, I´ll need some time for learning it. It don't looks very easy ;)
re342

Postby VaessensGeldgier » 25 Aug 2014, 07:46

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my computer and an Linux Ubuntu in Virtual Box.
The level editor isn't working.
I tried everything, and readed in this forum, but no of my two systems startet the editor.
I also wondered that in the linux version was an .exe-file.
So can anyone give me a good download link, or tell me why it isn't starting?

Thank you for your help!
Vaessen
VaessensGeldgier

Postby Tobbi » 17 Sep 2014, 10:22

Hey Vaessen,

did you try with mono --runtime=v4.0 supertux-editor.exe

--Tobbi
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby re342 » 22 Sep 2014, 10:02

Hi,

I need help for creating sripted objects. Actually, i know how to make .sprite-files and how to connect them with the object in the level.
But I suppose, that there is a third file exepted, which declares the actions.
How can I find this files for the standard objects like the snow balls (I need the path)?
re342