Adding a background image in the level editor

Adding a background image in the level editor

Postby Nitro Ninja » 07 Dec 2015, 08:29

Hello, I am fairly new to creating levels with the level editor, however I need help on adding a background into a level.

When I create a new level, it comes with three default layers- background, interactive, and foreground, however, when I look at a level someone else has created, it shows a layer behind the background layer labeled 'Background IMG'. I am wondering how to get this layer onto my levels, I have tried adding new layers, but I can never get it to display an option of adding a background image.
Nitro Ninja

Re: Adding a background image in the level editor

Postby Tobbi » 09 Dec 2015, 15:11

Hey,

you should find a background image object to select on the right side (where the other objects are). Just drag and drop it to your sector.

--Tobbi
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Nitro Ninja » 23 Dec 2015, 02:51

Tobbi {l Wrote}:Hey,

you should find a background image object to select on the right side (where the other objects are). Just drag and drop it to your sector.

--Tobbi

Thank you, this worked.

Also I have an another question, when creating a worldmap, how do I add underground/hidden parts (such as where the cave levels are on IcyIsland)
Nitro Ninja

Postby Tobbi » 23 Dec 2015, 02:57

Secret paths should look somewhat like this in the editor:
https://github.com/SuperTux/supertux/bl ... editor.png

Re underground:
You can add a layer above certain paths and have those fade out to create an underground effect.
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator