Do you want this?

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes : 8

Burning and melting effects

Postby Hume2 » 22 Sep 2015, 20:20

Fire ball is not a lead bullet. However, it looks like it was.
Yes, falling off the screen is not a result of burning.

We have fireballs and iceballs, that's a nice combination. Can we say that lead bullets and iceballs is a nice combination too?

The bulet in Mario is not a fireball and Mario isn't the best game ever, so don't argue with that.

I hav onc seen a camfire and I wathd how d logs were fallin off d screen. I also trid to melt a snow bal and it fel off d screen. Somethig lik burnin doesnt egzist. Dis canot be aded.

Would you like these effecfts in SuperTux 0.4.0?
See this video: https://youtu.be/7K-d0nf1nrI
I'm still tweaking it a bit, so it will be slightly different.

No, I don't use any kind of video modifiers. If you want to test it yourself, it's on branch hume2/badguytweaks.
Last edited by Hume2 on 25 Sep 2015, 06:12, edited 2 times in total.
Hume2

Re: Burning and melting effects

Postby Sauer2 » 23 Sep 2015, 01:00

Burning living being might be perceived as brutal. However, since I'm all against infantilization in games, I think the player has to live with the consequences, throwing fire and stuff.

Want it to look less like cruel burning those creatures? Make it faster, look similar to some small comic explosion with eyes on a pile of ashes as result.
Sauer2

Postby charlie » 23 Sep 2015, 10:20

I voted yes before I saw the video. Seeing the video, no I don't think it looks good. Even with better animations, I don't think it will look good. I would prefer the falling off of the screen.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby onpon4 » 23 Sep 2015, 10:35

Indeed, those effects, as they are now, are ugly and fake-looking. You need a proper melting animation, and preferably different ones that take into account whatever the creatures are wearing. The burning effect needs some serious improvement, too. There's no shame in using the simpler "falling off the screen" effect in the meantime.
onpon4

Postby brmbrmcar » 24 Oct 2015, 14:49

It is Awesome.
brmbrmbrmbrmbrmbrmcar
brmbrmcar