How do I beat the tree boss?

How do I beat the tree boss?

Postby Lolkat » 27 Aug 2013, 00:33

I'm playing CT's Domain and Im stuck on Take you pick BOSS SYLE because I cant figure out how to defeat the tree.

Ive given up hope in trying to kill the yeti, as the wisps from the tree kill me no matter what.

Seriously, how do I kill the dang tree :x
Lolkat

Re: How do I beat the tree boss?

Postby LMH » 27 Aug 2013, 19:38

Normally, to defeat the tree boss you have to capture wisps with the lanterns and then get the tree to inhale lanterns of all three colors. However, in this case with the yeti and icicles, it is about as easy as defeating the yeti with the wisps around. If you haven't found the secret area for the world 1 yeti encounter, then you're going to be at a disadvantage for this encounter and being successful will also seem unconventional. I'll tell you how I beat this level in the next paragraph, that way if you still want to beat on it a little you can without being spoiled.

SPOILER: The easiest way I've found to get past this level is to immediately run forward at the start of the battle and grab the first lantern. Run to the opposite corner and let the yeti jump over your head. Toss the lantern onto the stack and dodge the icicles/wisps/roots and wait for the yeti to go to the other side. Then climb on up to where the yeti normally throws his tantrum, and sit back and watch safely away from all the violence. When the yeti returns, give him what for. You'll likely find a secret area, and can decide to either use the exit or kill the yeti- either way is pretty trivial at this point.
LMH