Beginner questions

Beginner questions

Postby Wuzzy » 15 Feb 2014, 15:46

Okay, so I have played Lips of Suna for a while.

There are still some things which I can’t wrap my head around. I have read through the wiki but it leaves many questions open. My beginner questions:

1. I only have 2 skills: Health lv1 and Willpower lv2. How do I get other skills?
  2. I managed to craft a chair. How do I place it (like the crafting tables which are all over the world)? Or in other words: How do I actually build (not craft) stuff?
  3. Why is it so easy to loot every opponent? :D
  4. Is it possible to create a male character?
  5. Are there quests?
  6. What are those ovens for? One can find them randomly in the world.
  7. Where do I find crafting recipes? The wiki looks incomplete to me.

Edit: Question 3: I actually mean “pickpocket”.
Wuzzy

Re: Beginner questions

Postby amuzen » 23 Feb 2014, 10:07

These issues are mainly the result of the game still being incomplete. This is good feedback for helping me decide how to prioritize development, though, so thank you for bringing them up.

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:
  1. I only have 2 skills: Health lv1 and Willpower lv2. How do I get other skills?
  2. I managed to craft a chair. How do I place it (like the crafting tables which are all over the world)? Or in other words: How do I actually build (not craft) stuff?
  3. Why is it so easy to loot every opponent? :D
  4. Is it possible to create a male character?
  5. Are there quests?
  6. What are those ovens for? One can find them randomly in the world.
  7. Where do I find crafting recipes? The wiki looks incomplete to me.

1. By examining obelisks, but it's mostly a temporary solution until better ways to learn them are implemented.
  2. You can't, at the moment, since placing things hasn't been implemented yet. The closest you can currently do is to drop them to the ground.
  3. There's no proper pickpocketing yet. Currently, the looting interface is wired to it as a temporary hack.
  4. Theoretically, sort of, but not really in practice since there's a severe lack of art assets for male characters.
  5. Not at the moment, but there will be some random quests at some point.
  6. You can't do anything with them at the moment, but some crafting tasks might be linked to them later.
  7. They aren't listed anywhere, but listing them in-game sounds like a good idea.
amuzen
LoS Moderator