Lips of Suna 0.6.0 has been released. Grab the downloads from the project website and take a look at some of the 26 new screenshots in there. An updated video of the game will be released once I get my recording setup fixed.
Feel free to post feedback and discuss the release in this thread. In particular, I would appreciate feedback that focuses on the big picture, such as what new features would be nice to have or what changes would improve the gameplay a lot.
NOTE: Currently, there is no blog post because the Wordpress app hosted by SourceForge is experiencing extended downtime. The blog post will be published once they have restored the service. For the time being, here is the change log of the release:
- New graphics engine based on Ogre.
- New keyboard-friendly user interface.
- Added an overworld map area.
- Added primitive labyrinth dungeons.
- Added landmark objects that are visible from distance.
- Added several new spells, skills and monsters.
- Spells and skills can be unlocked by completing quests.
- More responsive controls and better hit checking for attacks.
- Several improvements to the AI.
- Added random item fetching and NPC killing quests.
- Added unique attacks and strategies for certain monsters.
- Added cel-shading and outline rendering.
- Added some new character creation settings.
- Added an object specification browser to the editor.
- Large rewrites to make adding and maintaining content easier.