Translation and Documentation

Translation and Documentation

Postby GUOJIONG » 03 Apr 2013, 01:52

Hello,
I'm a student in Australia National University and I'm studying FOSS. Your game is cool and I'd like to contribute my code to your game. I'm interested in doing translation and documentation. May I get your permission to do that?
GUOJIONG

Re: Translation and Documentation

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Apr 2013, 06:43

Hello GUOJIONG,

GUOJIONG {l Wrote}:I'm a student in Australia National University and I'm studying FOSS. Your game is cool and I'd like to contribute my code to your game. I'm interested in doing translation and documentation. May I get your permission to do that?

First of all I'm glad you like the game.
Any kind of contribution is welcome.

One thing that confuses me, though, is that you want to contribute code but also mention translation.
If you mean implementing translation support, that's already done.
But if you want to translate the game you can find some information on the wiki about translating:
http://meandmyshadow.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Translating
If you plan on doing this, please keep in mind that there is no string freeze for the upcoming release yet.

As for documentation the project doesn't have that much.
We do have a wiki (here), but most of the information is out-dated or incorrect/incomplete.
I can create a wiki account for you, but I'll need an email address.

Anyway, if you've got any questions feel free to ask. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby GUOJIONG » 03 Apr 2013, 10:07

Hello, Edward_Lii,
Thank you for your reply, I think updating the out-dated or incorrect information may not be hard for me, I'll try to do this part.
Last edited by Edward_Lii on 03 Apr 2013, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
GUOJIONG

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Apr 2013, 17:38

Hello GUOJIONG,

GUOJIONG {l Wrote}:Thank you for your reply, I think updating the out-dated or incorrect information may not be hard for me, I'll try to do this part.

You should receive an email with login credentials, make sure to change your password.
One thing that I should mention is that the wiki can be terribly slow when logged in.
The reason for this is that when logged in the page are generated rather than retrieved from cache.

If you've got any questions about the project, code, certain aspects of the game, feel free to ask. ;)

P.S. I also removed your email address from your post to prevent spammers from retrieving it.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby GUOJIONG » 04 Apr 2013, 01:45

Hello Edward_Lii,
I'm trying to build the SVN version and it is failing due to lack of the luaL_newlib function, that function is in lua5.2 but not in 5.1, the Cmake file rules specify 5.1.
Can you tell me how to fix the cmake rules to allow it to use lua5.2?
[ 2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/meandmyshadow.dir/src/ScriptAPI.cpp.o
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp: In function ‘int luaopen_block(lua_State*)’:
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:224:30: error: ‘luaL_newlib’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:236:34: error: ‘luaL_setfuncs’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp: In function ‘int luaopen_player(lua_State*)’:
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:413:31: error: ‘luaL_newlib’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:436:35: error: ‘luaL_setfuncs’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp: In function ‘int luaopen_level(lua_State*)’:
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:489:30: error: ‘luaL_newlib’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:492:34: error: ‘luaL_setfuncs’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp: In function ‘int luaopen_camera(lua_State*)’:
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:571:31: error: ‘luaL_newlib’ was not declared in this scope
/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow/src/ScriptAPI.cpp:574:35: error: ‘luaL_setfuncs’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/meandmyshadow.dir/src/ScriptAPI.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/meandmyshadow.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

u5067778@n115lt29:/home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow$ svn info
Path: .
Working Copy Root Path: /home/u5067778/Downloads/meandmyshadow-meandmyshadow
URL: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/meandmyshadow/meandmyshadow
Repository Root: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/meandmyshadow/meandmyshadow
Repository UUID: 7fc951ab-27c7-4b2a-b7c6-f1d780be2054
Revision: 622
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: edwardlii
Last Changed Rev: 622
Last Changed Date: 2013-04-02 04:22:05 +1100 (Tue, 02 Apr 2013)
GUOJIONG

Postby Edward_Lii » 04 Apr 2013, 05:41

Hello GUOJIONG,

GUOJIONG {l Wrote}:I'm trying to build the SVN version and it is failing due to lack of the luaL_newlib function, that function is in lua5.2 but not in 5.1, the Cmake file rules specify 5.1.
Can you tell me how to fix the cmake rules to allow it to use lua5.2?

The problem is that, at least on my distribution, there's no find module for Lua5.2 bundled with CMake.
For some reason removing all Lua versions except 5.2 works, although this isn't a feasible solution.
So you could try changing lines 26, 66 and 68 by replacing LUA51 with LUA52.

If that doesn't work we'll probably need to bundle a module ourself.
For now I would recommend copying over the files FindLua51.cmake and FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake from the CMake module directory.
And paste them in meandmyshadow/cmake/Modules/ and renaming it to FindLua52.cmake.
Changing all occurrences of 5.1/51 to 52 in FindLua52.cmake and doing the same as suggested above should make it work.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will try to find a better/permanent solution soon, but for some reason I can't even install the header files of other Lua version...
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby GUOJIONG » 04 Apr 2013, 06:29

Hello Edward_Lii,
Thank you for your help and it works now.
GUOJIONG