BUG:transfering from moving blocks to stable ones

BUG:transfering from moving blocks to stable ones

Postby anpaspat » 16 Jun 2012, 00:59

Hello! Someone has allready reported the floating me/shadow and specifically the fact that if you go at the edge of a block you can stand on it even if your feet aren't actually on it.
While using this "feature" if you are floating from the front side of the moving block(front is the direction in which the block moves), the moment you touch the stable block you get dropped off floating on the edge of the stable block without pressing any key.This applies both for me and my shadow
anpaspat

Re: BUG:transfering from moving blocks to stable ones

Postby odamite » 16 Jun 2012, 11:31

Hello anpaspat and thank you for this bug report.

I've noticed this too. I don't know if this is an actual bug but the behaviour could be changed if needed. It might be logical if player dropped of the moving block only when he was standing less than a half on it. Or do you have any other suggestions?

As we already decided, we're not going to fix the floating issue. It would break some levels and on the whole it isn't such a big thing.

Hopefully you've enjoyed MeAndMyShadow and thanks for trying to make it even better. :D
odamite

Postby anpaspat » 16 Jun 2012, 15:15

It is a very interesting game and I have enjoyed it indeed.

The strange about this behaviour is that it only works one way. I mean you only get dropped off floating from moving blocks on stable blocks and never from stable blocks on moving blocks. I think it would be more logical if you could make it work both ways.

If you want my opinion on the mater, a solution (without fixing the floating issue) could be that you get dropped off standing properly on the block and not floating again.

I hope my ideas are helpful and you can fix this soon. :)
anpaspat

Postby Edward_Lii » 16 Jun 2012, 15:34

Hello anpaspat,

anpaspat {l Wrote}:The strange about this behaviour is that it only works one way. I mean you only get dropped off floating from moving blocks on stable blocks and never from stable blocks on moving blocks. I think it would be more logical if you could make it work both ways.

If you want my opinion on the mater, a solution (without fixing the floating issue) could be that you get dropped off standing properly on the block and not floating again.

I hope my ideas are helpful and you can fix this soon. :)

I'm afraid it's quite tricky to implement because of the way the levels work internally.
Basically it's one big list with all the blocks, it depends on the order if the character ends up standing on the block or move along with the moving block.
And I think that because the way levels are made, the chance that the behaviour you described happens is bigger. (Not 100% sure, though)

Anyway, I'll try to find a fix for this, so that the behaviour is the same in all cases and as you described. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator