[DONE] OD Windows binaries

Re: [TODO] OD Windows binaries

Postby paul424 » 31 Dec 2013, 14:48

3b22178 MEDIA: Imported latest changes from opendungeons-media.
783e78d Removed a useless file in the C::B project duplicating the main() function.
b63b2fa Undefed foreign GetObject() in angelscript string type defintion file to avoid compilation problems.
43396b1 MEDIA: Adding Beetle Golem, Ruin Entrance and Wooden Watch Tower models (OGA conversions)
bdc1a5c Following one of Paul's commit, clearly use std::pow() to avoid breaking compilation.
2c21c26 Added the C::B project file working with the od-depends dependencies archive.
37c96a6 TEMP: Disable translations for now.
89d9895 Fixed missing/invalid GameState constructors
e9c47e0 MEDIA: Added the media files within the dev repository.
54915fd Changed the gitignore file to now keep track of media files changes.
5f61183 all Cpp source files converted by dos2unix
8f4af5f First working game mode with Ogre 1 9 !

OK Bertram , are those in Bold ,are commits you want to be cherrypicked , right ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 31 Dec 2013, 15:45

Yes! :)

But only after you've reviewed and agree to cherry-pick them.

Best regards, and happy New Year!!
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 01 Jan 2014, 22:13

Happy new Years to all as well !
I see you moved the media repository into a git one... I noticed only now :) . Well I wonder how many hidden Beratram-like repos are there onto internet containing various improvements to current code . Who know if we would accumulate all this in one place we would end up with a finished game ;).
Could you create a sourceforge account , so I can grand you access to our git repo :) ... ?

EDIT : I cherry-picked your commits already .
EDIT2: Everyone wants' to move SVN Media repository to the main git repo , but do you really want to have mixed commits of models and code updates , folks ??? I wouldn't very much so ... >_>
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 02 Jan 2014, 20:31

Happy new year to you guys, even if a day late
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Elvano » 03 Jan 2014, 16:12

Danimal {l Wrote}:Happy new year to you guys, even if a day late

Nonsens, it's new year untill december 31st!
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby Bertram » 03 Jan 2014, 23:00

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the cherry-picking! :)

Could you create a sourceforge account , so I can grand you access to our git repo :) ... ?

My sourceforge account name is bertram25

EDIT2: Everyone wants' to move SVN Media repository to the main git repo , but do you really want to have mixed commits of models and code updates , folks ??? I wouldn't very much so ... >_>

Indeed, I can understand it can be seen as problematic, that's why I tagged my media commit with the corresponding name. It's up to you, but I noticed it's overall only a few Mb heavy, meaning that, to me, it's not worth the burden to separate the repo, at least so far, which has the advantage of permitting to have a single repo to clone before compiling and playing.
Now, I can understand you don't have the same opinion, and maybe you could consider adding a submodule pointer to the media repo, just like many projects do? I wonder whether sourceforge handle that well or not, btw.

I have a question that comes before the media one, though: What are all the branches in the git repo for? And why are we developping on the 'development' one? A new developer would expect to use master instead and I bet it is confusing for new ones.
Are there branches that are obsolete that we could remove?

Happy new year to all the team, btw. :)

And best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 04 Jan 2014, 12:09

I would forgot to ask , do you want me to remove the AS part or you are dealing fine with it ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 06 Jan 2014, 10:44

Hi Paul,

If I assume you're speaking about Angel Script, I still don't get the question. Why do you want to remove AngelScript? Or which part of it and why?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 06 Jan 2014, 12:04

I mean if you do have compilation issues with it ?
How do you go with the new libs ? Are there any chances of finally builidng binaries for the WindowZ system ? Have you done any new progress so far ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 07 Jan 2014, 14:46

Hi,

I mean if you do have compilation issues with it ?

Well, I had some compilation problems with it, but it was fixed with one of my patches you've merged.

How do you go with the new libs ? Are there any chances of finally builidng binaries for the WindowZ system ? Have you done any new progress so far ?

The one and only question. ;)
Well, so far, I've rebuilt the cegui 0.8 deps, rebuilt the Ogre deps partially as something went wrong but I don't know what yet even if I bet I didn't put the right cmake flags before configuring.
cegui and ogre themselves are the next ones on the list before I'll finally make tries on the game itself.
Please, don't be too hard on me as the winter holidays time has just killed most of my interest in waiting for compile processes in favour of family and parties. ;)

Now all this is over, I'll keep on and tell you when the libs are online.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 09 Jan 2014, 14:35

Well , the old Jewish joke comes to my mind when asking you on this binary all the time :
" Goldstein lend the money to Silberstein, and the second one didn;'t gave a damn returning it . In the end Goldstein started calling Silberstein each week, that he wants his debt returned. The Silberstein replied : " You keep boring me with that all the time . Every new Years Eve I take all my debt bills from my account clerk and do the lottery drawing. Those few bills chosen by lot are being paid. If you would not stop bothering me I will exclude you from the lottery " :lol:

I assume the binary building is taking some similar process , isn't it Berataram ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 09 Jan 2014, 16:38

I assume the binary building is taking some similar process , isn't it Berataram ?

Lol, I like the idea. Fortunately, I do that more often than every new year's Eve.
And indeed, I have RL and other stuff on the TODO pile chosen by lottery, by fanciness, or by urgency. :lol:

I guess we're all humans but please by any means, keep asking. I won't mind that at all and I also want this to be done. :)

The only annoying part is that this is requiring me to have sufficient contiguous time to actually get into it, especially when dealing with nasty
compile/linking config problems.

Berataram

Lol, I guess you've got a vowel quota to get this month. :D
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 09 Jan 2014, 16:45

Do you know of "make -jNUMBER_OF_CORES" ... just curious how many do you have ? Well I got amd64 x2 and I;'m forward to upgrading this ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 09 Jan 2014, 18:37

Do you know of "make -jNUMBER_OF_CORES" ... just curious how many do you have ? Well I got amd64 x2 and I;'m forward to upgrading this ...

Yep. Actually, it's 'number of jobs', the kind if subtle detail you learn to take care of, when you make process freezes or brakes because of trying to build the same files. :o

I usually compile VT using 'make' alone for the gch file to avoid the above example, and then keep on with a -j2. Still, cegui and boost are very long to build... :cry:
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 15 Jan 2014, 10:22

Hi there,

I gave a good ol' go at it last night.

The bad news is that I had to give up with Ogre compilation using mingw tdm dw2 as it represented a lot of work to do to make through it, so in order to finally advance on this,
I forgot the idea to use open sourced tools to get the binaries running, and went back to use MSVC11 (2012) Express.

The good news is that I was able to compile all the necessary lib and dlls for running the project, and I am in process of compiling OD itself using MSVC atm.
The only thing I'm not totally sure of is OpenAL binary compatibility but I'd be able to compile it from source otherwise, anyway.

I still have a few missing include path and linking problems to deal with, but what's left is much less than I had to do with mingw.
Stay tuned! ;)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 16 Jan 2014, 00:27

Hi again,

Atm, I have those very last yet weird linking errors between ConsoleMode and OIS:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Error   3   error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall OIS::MouseListener::MouseListener(void)" (??0MouseListener@OIS@@QAE@XZ) is already defined in ConsoleMode.obj   C:\OpenDungeons\build\OIS.lib(OIS.dll)

And other similar to ~MouseListener, KeyListener and ~KeyListener.
Does it ring a bell to any of you?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 16 Jan 2014, 09:54

Btw: my repo is at a git commit: "ModeContext::expectCreatureClick initialized to false"

I'll try again after refreshing the code.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 17 Jan 2014, 00:37

Hey! :)

I've got the binary to compile and run! Ogre is now asking me the renderer to choose before starting the game.

It's still a semi victory so far as an error message appears asking for a missing glsl resource when I run from the repo root folder:
Ogre internal error: DualQuaternion_common.glsl cannot be found in the resources group...

Does someone know what I did wrong there? I'll really need help on that one... :?

Here is the binary + the libraries compiled under msvc 2012 Express, so you can also have a go at it:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/valyri ... p/download

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 17 Jan 2014, 02:17

Well after quick googling it seems it's a part of OGRE SDK , ( How does your binary requires it .... ? )
For a quick solution : add your SDK ( Ogre Samples ) materials dir path to resources.cfg or even copy everything from that to materials/scripts
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 17 Jan 2014, 10:13

Hi :)

Error   3   error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall OIS::MouseListener::MouseListener(void)" (??0MouseListener@OIS@@QAE@XZ) is already defined in ConsoleMode.obj   C:\OpenDungeons\build\OIS.lib(OIS.dll)

For the record, I "fixed" this error by turning it into a warning, setting the option 'Force binary output when multiple definitions' on MSVC.
(Which is what gcc was doing anyway.)

Well after quick googling it seems it's a part of OGRE SDK , [...]
For a quick solution : add your SDK ( Ogre Samples ) materials dir path to resources.cfg or even copy everything from that to materials/scripts

I did have the error after copying the Ogre materials/ folder in the repo root folder indeed. I might need to adapt the resources.cfg files, but
I'm a compete noob when it comes to configure Ogre so any help would appreciated. :)

( How does your binary requires it .... ? )

Now, this is a good question. O.o

Anyone else can have a go at it in Windows?

best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 17 Jan 2014, 13:52

Here;s example resource.cfg from my OD
[FOOBAR] stand for a resource group name , than there is the list of location.
Deducing from what's in other resource file names e.g. :
The left side is source type , the right side is relative path , from where the binary is being launched ( FileSystem == local file without any deviations :P , Zip == zip file archive etc. ) .
Zip=/graphics/models.zip
FileSystem=/models

So either drop materials files into /materials/scripts ( any path in the group Graphics would work )
oir create a new dir "new_dir_inside_OD_dir" and add

FileSystem=/new_dir_insidet_OD_dir into group [Graphics]

[Graphics]
FileSystem=/materials/RTShaderLib
FileSystem=/materials/RTShaderLib/materials
FileSystem=/materials/scripts
FileSystem=/materials/textures
FileSystem=/models

[GUI]
FileSystem=/gui
FileSystem=/gui/schemas

[Music]
FileSystem=/music

[Sound]
FileSystem=/sounds
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jan 2014, 19:13

it throws this error:
Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: OpenDungeons.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 52d8596f
Nombre del módulo con errores: MSVCR90.dll
Versión del módulo con errores: 9.0.30729.6161
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4dace5b9
Código de excepción: c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción: 00030149
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.2
Id. de configuración regional: 3082
Información adicional 1: 0a9e
Información adicional 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Información adicional 3: 0a9e
Información adicional 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Is it because i dont have installed visual c? But then this is supposed to be a stand alone.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 20 Jan 2014, 20:31

Sorry I own you explanation , that I started to tinkertoy with the Ogre3d Composition system and I put additional cg hlsl and glsl material scripts from the SDK into the media repository , I probably didn't upload that to SVN .
EDIT : I have uploaded them already, when I started composing , the materials use directly are not a problem ....
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 23 Jan 2014, 14:07

Hi there,

A small update. A was able to get rid of the Ogre error messages finally.
For that to happen, I had to copy the materials/ folder from Ogre into the repo root folder, change the resources.cfg thanks to Paul's advice accordingly, and remove the particle effects files in there, which were told to be duplicates by Ogre.

I'm now getting a heap corruption error, but as I'm in the process of redoing the (future official ;]) OD-SDK for Windows, I'll try that again once I'll stop using the old SFML SDK, which as I feared is surely binary incompatible anyway.

Best regards, :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 23 Jan 2014, 14:17

Old SFML SDK ?
Well do you want me to update used SFML to newest one ( something like 2.* ? )
paul424
OD Moderator